Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 12:00 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed some MagnaGrafik carbon fibre look Stone Guards to change the look a bit. Already had the rear panels done in Xpel, so these replace the Porsche clear guards.

https://magnagrafik.com/Default.aspx
Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2016, 05:42 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my 991 an Xpel ppf, in Stealth. Turns out the wrap, while good at protecting the paint from the ravages of urban foxes, was less than useless at protecting against stone chips and so ended up more full of holes than the case for Britain leaving the European Union (sorry). So I ditched it and went for paint protection, with a slight difference. For those who don't know, Xpel Stealth is like the regular Xpel Ultimate, but with a matte finish. It looks pretty cool on metallic paint imo, as one can still see all the flecks in and depth to the colour.

Here' are a couple of arty shots from the place that did it

And here it is in the real world

Old 08-28-2016, 05:56 PM
tekniik
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicRat
I bought my 991 an Xpel ppf, in Stealth. Turns out the wrap, while good at protecting the paint from the ravages of urban foxes, was less than useless at protecting against stone chips and so ended up more full of holes than the case for Britain leaving the European Union (sorry). So I ditched it and went for paint protection, with a slight difference. For those who don't know, Xpel Stealth is like the regular Xpel Ultimate, but with a matte finish. It looks pretty cool on metallic paint imo, as one can still see all the flecks in and depth to the colour.

Excellent pic!
Old 08-28-2016, 06:14 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those who don't know, Xpel Stealth is like the regular Xpel Ultimate, but with a matte finish. It looks pretty cool on metallic paint imo, as one can still see all the flecks in and depth to the colour.

And here it is in the real world

Nice. The matte finish is cool!
Old 08-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=MagicRat;13561177]I bought my 991 an Xpel ppf, in Stealth. Turns out the wrap, while good at protecting the paint from the ravages of urban foxes, was less than useless at protecting against stone chips and so ended up more full of holes than the case for Britain leaving the European Union (sorry). So I ditched it and went for paint protection, with a slight difference. For those who don't know, Xpel Stealth is like the regular Xpel Ultimate, but with a matte finish. It looks pretty cool on metallic paint imo, as one can still see all the flecks in and depth to the colour.

Nice GTS and a very unique look. Any special cleaning required for Matt? I have Xpel on my GTS and so far just used the Griot's Speed Shine.

By the way, I am a British expat living in the US, so nice to see some British street shots :-)
Old 08-29-2016, 05:52 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Paul007;13561458]

Nice GTS and a very unique look. Any special cleaning required for Matt? I have Xpel on my GTS and so far just used the Griot's Speed Shine.

By the way, I am a British expat living in the US, so nice to see some British street shots :-)
No special cleaning - just soap and water. I use a quick detail spray and sometimes a left over can of 'bike shine' if I can't be bothered to clean it properly. The only problem it it attracts dust like nobody's business and shows up every spec. Takes 3 minutes to dust it off though, and I believe there are some anti-static sprays available...

Only slight caveat at the moment is that it doesn't appear to be 'self-healing' as the marketing suggests. I have a few little chip marks which have not gone away. My installer says this isn't normal and has sent the pictures to Xpel, who agree. Taking the car in this Friday and leaving it with them for investigation.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:04 AM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

New to me CF Airdam and Matte Guards Red Carrera stickers.

New
Old 08-30-2016, 02:56 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001f4s
New to me CF Airdam and Matte Guards Red Carrera stickers.

New
Very...very nice. Where did you get the Matte Carrera stickers? Very nice in red.

Me??? Just got my car back after a "run-in" while in Vegas last month where an inattentive driver backed into me. So..replaced my OEM 991 bumper and sport spoiler with a new Sports Design one w/Rennline Grilles in black installed. Very pleased with the results!
Attached Images     
Old 08-31-2016, 11:31 AM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Mdrobc, I got the lead on the decals from another member here. Here is a link to the seller in the UK. Very responsive and will work with you on custom designs/looks, as in my case.

http://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/

Nice result on your car.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:16 PM
jddarkhorse14
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default That's-a-wrap

Brilliant Blue Matte Metallic wrap (fresh-reason for post) + Sport front lip +Techart Side Skirts + GTS Rear Deck lid +Clear side markers + Alcantara Shifter/A-pillar and Sport steering wheel+ at her first track event
Attached Images     
Old 08-31-2016, 09:38 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 08-31-2016, 09:59 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
Cool. Where did you get those beauties?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:31 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Cool. Where did you get those beauties?
Suncoast
Old 08-31-2016, 11:03 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
Suncoast
Aren't those the 997 centerlocks?
Old 09-01-2016, 12:43 AM
-Ryan-
Pro

Originally Posted by Vise
Aren't those the 997 centerlocks?
Yup. Let's see what happens. If any issues arise i'll but the originals back on.

Hey Vise, give a review on those sway bars after you try them out. My KW HAS went on today. Those sway bars may be my next mod.

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread