Sponsored by:

911 Carrera S or GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 04:35 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
As Gio said, don't think you can order a GTS anymore, but assuming you're looking at one already built or in process, I can give you my input, as I went through the same process. For me, the difference boiled down to two things: wide body vs. narrow body, and wheel choices. The engine differences weren't material enough to make a difference to me.

I chose S in the end because I find the narrow body models wide enough already and actually prefer their look, particularly from angles. Second, I didn't care for the GTS wheel options and it was going to cost me $4k+ to swap out wheels after the fact. And the price difference in the cars I specced similarly were already about $8k apart, GTS being higher. So I went S. All personal preference really.
i agree the gts stock cl wheel looks overly fussy and heavy handed, for me ruins the overall look of the car

good thing is you don't see the wheels when you drive it... and the gts is a thrill driven hard... i was very impressed at the roadshow event
Old 12-04-2015, 08:42 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm with golfnut and Archimedes; awesome car the GTS is, but not having a choice on the wheels would be a deal killer for me.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:01 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
I'm with golfnut and Archimedes; awesome car the GTS is, but not having a choice on the wheels would be a deal killer for me.
You do have a choice on the wheels, at least at the time you could order one. You could get the awesome CL wheels, or the regular 5 lug Carrera S wheels.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
You do have a choice on the wheels, at least at the time you could order one. You could get the awesome CL wheels, or the regular 5 lug Carrera S wheels.
Yeah, but that's basically two choices, and if you don't want to deal with CL wheels, you really have one choice. I hate the Carrera S wheels, so for me it was either go with CL, which I didn't care to do, or go 5 lug and eat the swap cost.

But that's all personal preference. My only comment to a buyer considering both cars is simply to make the decision based on which they prefer aesthetically, inside and out, because the performance difference is deminimis.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:31 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yeah, but that's basically two choices, and if you don't want to deal with CL wheels, you really have one choice. I hate the Carrera S wheels, so for me it was either go with CL, which I didn't care to do, or go 5 lug and eat the swap cost.

But that's all personal preference. My only comment to a buyer considering both cars is simply to make the decision based on which they prefer aesthetically, inside and out, because the performance difference is deminimis.

In this case, the OP is considering a 991.2 S vs a 991.1 GTS ... I think the consensus is that there would be a performance difference which might be more than deminimis, mostly due to the turbo vs non-turbo.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:04 PM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to HATE black "murdered out" wheels. I did it on my supercharged Range and immediately regretted it, so I understand when someone says its not as classy (or classic) a look. I vowed never to have black wheels again, but when I saw the GTS, for me, it matched the car perfectly. The GTS definitely has a "raw" look to it as opposed to refined, but that's exactly what I'm looking for (for now).
Old 12-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
I used to HATE black "murdered out" wheels. I did it on my supercharged Range and immediately regretted it, so I understand when someone says its not as classy (or classic) a look. I vowed never to have black wheels again, but when I saw the GTS, for me, it matched the car perfectly. The GTS definitely has a "raw" look to it as opposed to refined, but that's exactly what I'm looking for (for now).
+1
Old 12-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
let's put it another way, if there were 74 available, that would mean 1.5 cars available PER STATE!! I wouldn't call that a ton of stock.. and that assumes all 74 are available. think of all those deposits that are down from readers on this board..
I think if you use my google search it comes out closer to about 20+ 2015/16's on dealer lots ...
Old 12-08-2015, 12:21 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
The black centerlocks are some of the best OEM wheels I've ever seen. They look even better in person when you see how big they are, and the contrast against the red calipers is just gorgeous. They really make the GTS imho.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:47 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Not sure who's GTS this is but don't tell me those wheels aren't damn beautiful.

Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Madmac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gts bits make the car a gts: cl wheels, c4 body, Alcantara interior and power kit, wrapped up in a colour of your choice (and they all look good) at a discounted price. What more could you ask for?

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera S or GTS