Sponsored by:

Ship Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:30 AM
mgflyfish
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c_Gio
What's up w the Panama Canal stuff... My boat shows its next port as Cristobal, is that the first step to entering the canal on the Atlantic side? Or is the boat going to actually moor & hang out?
Well it's a good morning marine tracker shows Gloves Champion underway transiting the canal--
Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by mgflyfish
Well it's a good morning marine tracker shows Gloves Champion underway transiting the canal--
Go, baby, go!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:23 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by mgflyfish
Stopped for a...? frustrating! But I do know that mine--the Glovis Chamion left Emden on the 18th and then stopped at several ( I think it was 2 at least) other ports, one was Antwerp for sure, before heading out across the pond--
It left Bremerhaven last night, after being there since the 28th of October!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:52 PM
civerson4
Rennlist Member

My Cayenne S is also on the Glovis Champion. I am anxious as well (and really hope it doesn't take 2 weeks to exit the port and get to Newport Beach).
Old 11-02-2015, 04:36 PM
tekniik
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I know a bunch of you are on Glovis Champion (I am as well), she has entered the final set of locks on Panama!!!

Old 11-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Glovis Champion now showing its next stop as San Diego "in seven days," which presumably is Monday, November 9.
That's 11 days ahead of its originally scheduled November 20th arrival in SD.
i'd say we're in for a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING, gentlemen.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:49 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by Leader
Glovis Champion now showing its next stop as San Diego "in seven days," which presumably is Monday, November 9.
That's 11 days ahead of its originally scheduled November 20th arrival in SD.
i'd say we're in for a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING, gentlemen.
Ohh I so hope you're correct--Winter Wheels/Tires and Clear Bra here I come--
Go, Glovis go!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:59 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by tekniik
As I know a bunch of you are on Glovis Champion (I am as well), she has entered the final set of locks on Panama!!!

worth a 1000 thanks!
Old 11-02-2015, 08:24 PM
civerson4
Rennlist Member

Thanks. Great picture. Now we just have the hope there are no El Nino storms popping up in the Pacific in the next 7-10 ways on the way up to San Diego!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Glovis Champion showed up on the Port of San Diego arrival schedule for the first time today.
Looks like "arrival" is Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
Do you suppose if I went down there, they'd let me help 'em unload the cars?
Probably not.
Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2015, 07:07 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Glovis Champion showed up on the Port of San Diego arrival schedule for the first time today.
Looks like "arrival" is Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
Do you suppose if I went down there, they'd let me help 'em unload the cars?
Probably not.
Maybe not -but trade for a ride might get some traction--
check this out for a video of how your car gets treated at POE:http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/jun/25...any-san-diego/
Old 11-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

I have an older friend who lives in Port Hueneme, CA, which is the reception port for BMW, MINI, KIA, Volvo and a few other marques. He and some of his buddies work part-time at the port driving vehicles off the ships. He says it's pretty amazing and hectic when a big ship pulls in and thousands of cars have to be driven off and parked in a very timely manner.
Probably better the public doesn't get to view the process, although I believe all Porsches are in "limp mode" when they leave the factory so no high-speed hi-jinks would be possible.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:54 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

I have an older friend who lives in Port Hueneme, CA, which is the reception port for BMW, MINI, KIA, Volvo and a few other marques. He and some of his buddies work part-time at the port driving vehicles off the ships. He says it's pretty amazing and hectic when a big ship pulls in and thousands of cars have to be driven off and parked in a very timely manner.
Probably better the public doesn't get to view the process, although I believe all Porsches are in "limp mode" when they leave the factory so no high-speed hi-jinks would be possible.
30km/hr top speed for Porsches. That leads me to ask when do they remove limp mode?

Heck, if it clears customs, I don't mind going to pick it up at the port. It's not like it has zero miles on it.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:28 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Yeah I actually was somewhat surprised that the cars were treated, admittedly they knew they were on camera, as well and as carefully as they were--
But really it looks like we are at the mercy of the trucker--better pay up my teamsters dues--
Old 11-08-2015, 04:52 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Goliath Leader supposed to reach Cristobal (on way to locks I guess?) today @ 6p pacific. Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply: Ship Tracking