PCM question for new user

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 04:12 AM
eman991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM question for new user

Hi everyone,

Just sold my M4 and got a C2s. I absolutely love this car! Just have a question about the some settings on the PCM. I tend to not like to listen to anything but the engine but each time when I turn on the car, it defaults to a blaring fm channel.Is there anyway to set the default to radio off or Bluetooth instead of the tuner? Thanks and loving this community!
Old 06-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Powereng
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you may have a small program setting, it should remember your ladt setting you had when you shut off your car and use that when you start it next time. When I start mine, it is right at the station and volume settings as when I parked it..
Old 06-27-2015, 12:30 PM
dhud
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will always come on and revert to last setting on start up. Set the PCM to "AUX". It will be quiet when you start up.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:17 PM
eman991
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dhud
It will always come on and revert to last setting on start up. Set the PCM to "AUX". It will be quiet when you start up.
I've tried that and everything it just starts up in tuner mode....
Old 06-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have memory pack and as such it doesn't 'remember' how I last left it. It does however remain in 'mute' if I leave it that way. To mute the fm station, press the left dial on the console. Should then come back on in mute next time you start the car. Hope it works for you IF you don't have memory pack.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:08 PM
TheEngineer
Instructor

Perhaps your PCM needs a SW update. My PCM did the flaky audio thing a few times a couple of months ago and also was unreliable with respect to bluetooth. The dealer installed a SW update when I had it in for service this week which has fixed the bluetooth issue.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:17 PM
CMR
Intermediate

I had the same issue. Whenever I had been listening to bluetooth via iPhone and then turned off the car while still on iPhone as source, upon start up the volume of the radio was at peak.

Two things fixed this for me. First make sure that your phone's volume is at max prior to listening to a bluetooth source. That should equalize the volume of the bluetooth source and the radio.

Alternatively, prior to shutting the engine off, turn the volume on the PCM way down and switch from your bluetooth source to radio. Either should work.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:29 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Check to see if "Auto Memory" is on in your multifunction display. I think that remembers and assigns audio functions to each key. Maybe it was on at one time and someone set the Auto Memory to the settings that your car reverts to when turning on. If that is the case, then try turing on Auto Memory and set the audio like you want it, turn the car off and lock it. The new settings should be transferred to your key and then "resent" to your car when you unlock it. If that works, you will need to do that procedure with both keys.

I usually have Auto Memory turned off in my car once I got everything set like I want it because if you don't, every time a change is made and you lock the car, those new settings are transferred to the key. That can be both good and bad depending on what you are trying to do, but I find it annoying so I have mine turned off.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW, I have never been able to set my car to have the audio be silent based on being muted before you "save to key" or lock when the auto memory is set. Just tried it again based on this thread and still could not get it to stay set to mute. I've tried it on the Auxiliary setting also and it wouldn't stay there either. I have the memory function, at a loss here.

I just tried it again but this time just turned the volume down all the way and I think it may be set there now, I hope so.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:49 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

There is a recent PCM SW update that addresses flakey volume and memory settings. I can't remember if it was iOS specific, but it fixed the problem. My service rep knew exactly what the issue was and how to fix it when I called in the problem.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, mine reverted back to the "volume on" the last time I used the car. Maybe I'll ask about this when I get an oil change soon. I think I'm up to date on the S/W updates but who knows.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:58 PM
hawc
Racer

Are there any software updates for the PCM? Do you have to specifically ask your dealer to update your car if it's under warranty. Is there an added cost?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:39 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
Are there any software updates for the PCM? Do you have to specifically ask your dealer to update your car if it's under warranty. Is there an added cost?
There was a recent update available.
Absolutely no added cost.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:35 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Before you turn off your car, push and hold the volume button until the PCM turns off ( screen will go dark.)

When you start the car next time, PCM will be off.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:17 AM
jerseybrian
Intermediate

Check what software version you have by pressing info on the PCM and then pressing option tab, then system version. should be 2.47, 3.43, 4.47

Also check if your auto memory is on like a previous poster said.

Quick Reply: PCM question for new user