Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

another pic , wheels are color matched

Old 03-29-2015, 09:13 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Too funny.,

I drove in to the Parade Concours right behind that car. My 997 Targa is just out of the background. I'm parked two cars to the left of the yellow 991. Here's a picture looking back toward the Brewster Green CC.

I wouldn't own a red-top cab, but MAN they're beautiful! When the Boxster RS60 came out I was all kinds of tempted. A little too flashy for me (I drive my Porsches everywhere and like to keep a little lower profile) but that one is really captivating. Anyone checked that box for a GTS Cab?
Old 03-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I wouldn't own a red-top cab, but MAN they're beautiful! When the Boxster RS60 came out I was all kinds of tempted. A little too flashy for me (I drive my Porsches everywhere and like to keep a little lower profile) but that one is really captivating. Anyone checked that box for a GTS Cab?
Brett checked that box over at Sonnen ....

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8643...-in-stock.html
Old 03-29-2015, 02:37 PM
turtleracing
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Anyone know the price of the options ?

The window sticker like document lists options. I would be interested in the seats and comfort package.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by turtleracing
The window sticker like document lists options. I would be interested in the seats and comfort package.
Go configure a GTS on the Porsche site, that will give you the options pricing.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:22 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Yeah, it's not something I'd have guessed I would have liked on paper. But that car looked fantastic in person.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

And then there were 13 ..... they sure are stretching this out! If Vu happens upon this post - send one my way - I'll speed things up

"Hi all,

Round 3- We have 13 Club Coupes that are unclaimed for purchase. We'll be contacting the next round of winners on Monday morning.

Make sure to stay close to your phone and emails, as you'll only have 48 hours to confirm your intent to purchase.

Good luck!
Vu"

Last edited by Dalema; 04-01-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

I was so happy when I received that email from Vu.
One more chance for us next Monday.
I am not greedy. Not looking for the freebie, just a chance to buy one of the 13.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:46 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
As a disclaimer, I am a fan of the Club Coupe "in principle". However, the math says that it is going to be a tough sell. Note:

1) Less than 2% of possible entrants actually signed up for the chance to be drawn.
2) 39% of the elite group who actually signed up and were selected rejected the offer outright
3) Of the 23 new people selected, out of the same pool who already rejected the offer 39% of the time, it should be expected that the same percentage (39%) of them will also reject.
4) Finally, of the 61% of the people who notified them they it was their "intention" to purchase, it should be no surprise that some percentage of them will not make a deal with the dealer.

Given the above, it might take some time to move the 59 units, at least by the method Porsche club is using. Again, I am not negative on the car and was actually considering to buy it if selected. However, it would have been a negotiation for sure.

Why the difficulty in selling the cars? My humble opinion is that there are 3 issues:

- lack of REAL exclusivity, other than color and badging.
- A polarizing color...you love it or hate it. Not much in between.
- Finally, and maybe the most important, is price. It is a $115K car, marked up to around $150K. The $137K advertised price is not realistic without adding real world basic options.

If you are in the market already for a GTS, it is a no brainer. Otherwise, it is a difficult decision, as noted by the figures above. It is not an investment....you need to want it and drive it. Just my humble, neutral opinion.

The rejection rate for the second round, as predicted, was similar to the first round from the same pool of entrants. 39% rejected the first round and 43% the second round. At this rate, the process could go on for another 4 or 5 weeks. There must be a better way to bring this to conclusion and start the negotiation process to buy the car. They had predicted a June delivery date estimate originally, but it seems that now that date could go much later. I don't think PCA thought it would take this long. As an update, I was in the second round and accepted, so I did what I could to speed up the process....
Old 04-01-2015, 03:12 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The rejection rate for the second round, as predicted, was similar to the first round from the same pool of entrants. 39% rejected the first round and 43% the second round. At this rate, the process could go on for another 4 or 5 weeks. There must be a better way to bring this to conclusion and start the negotiation process to buy the car. They had predicted a June delivery date estimate originally, but it seems that now that date could go much later. I don't think PCA thought it would take this long. As an update, I was in the second round and accepted, so I did what I could to speed up the process....
Thanks for all the info and more importantly, congrats on being selected and accepting. I hope you will be able to work out an acceptable deal and acquire the car. I personally think it looks great.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

congrats mikemdd.

hope Vu will come visit our threads, he will know who really wants to buy it and the process will be over within a day.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:06 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
congrats mikemdd.

hope Vu will come visit our threads, he will know who really wants to buy it and the process will be over within a day.
I like how you're thinking.... 13 cars would go pretty fast with that method.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:00 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

I like how you're thinking.... 13 cars would go pretty fast with that method.
So I'm curious -- to my point much earlier in this thread, would any of you guys who are keeping your fingers crossed hoping to be chosen be willing to pay extra for a "ticket in line?" I know it's not allowed, but if it were, would you drop 5k, say, to get the spot and then begin negotiations with the dealer?

Reason I ask is because I'm a free-market guy and I believe it would have solved the problem quickly and efficiently -- anybody who really wanted it would be willing to buy the slot from somebody who won it but didn't want to exercise their right. How is anybody harmed? People who won and wanted to buy still get to, and get to do so quickly. People who wanted the car but didn't win get to compete to see who wants a slot the most, hence the leftover cars would go to the people who most wanted one and were willing to pay for it. PCA gets their full payment, whatever that is, for all 59 sales, and they get to move forward quickly with getting the cars ordered, delivered and paid for. Every single person wins.

Also, I bet there will still be some "back-outs" from the people who have said they will buy one, because they have no skin in the game. But there would be zero back-outs from the people who had already paid for a slot on the secondary market. So you reduce your "false positive" count if you're PCA.

That's why I wasn't ragging on the eBayer who listed his spot for 25k.

Just sayin'...
Old 04-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

So I'm curious -- to my point much earlier in this thread, would any of you guys who are keeping your fingers crossed hoping to be chosen be willing to pay extra for a "ticket in line?" I know it's not allowed, but if it were, would you drop 5k, say, to get the spot and then begin negotiations with the dealer?
interesting thought, pretty sure they will not allow this to happen as you said.

but to answer your question, then Yes, I am willing to pay up to 5K to buy someone's slot. Probably not willing to pay more than that.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:25 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

No.

Quick Reply: GTS Club Sport Model