neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 377 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Porsche is promoting the Exclusive program

Old 12-14-2014, 12:35 PM
FrstPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

There are quite a few turbo s's on cars.com that have some exclusive touches. I would recommend going there and checking them out. Multi color interiors and painted exterior parts.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,360 Posts

While they are promoting it, look at the state of the PTS program which appears to be in disarray?
Old 12-14-2014, 02:46 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
While they are promoting it, look at the state of the PTS program which appears to be in disarray?
Very true. That's why I'm hoping good changes are coming...?
Old 12-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
Very true. That's why I'm hoping good changes are coming...?
I asked the reps at the L.A show about PTS availability , they referred me to my dealer

which I think is BS ... the factory controls PTS availability...

I would have PTS'ed my GTS if it was available...
Old 12-14-2014, 02:53 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

I asked the reps at the L.A show about PTS availability , they referred me to my dealer which I think is BS ... the factory controls PTS availability... I would have PTS'ed my GTS if it was available...
They do say " flagship " dealers...whatever that means... Is yours one? I do think it's BS though...it shouldn't matter.
I think a PTS GTS is a brilliant idea,especially if you're planning to keep it for a long time. I really hope it will work out for you somehow...
Old 12-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

I asked the reps at the L.A show about PTS availability , they referred me to my dealer

which I think is BS ... the factory controls PTS availability...

I would have PTS'ed my GTS if it was available...
Larry: Did you actually meet any of the PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive' representatives at that event? My understanding was that Barbara Boeckenhoff was at the event (her first auto show as new manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA. I am pretty sure that Matthew Henry was there too...and perhaps even Melissa Witek, although I have not heard her name mentioned this year at LA.

Yes, the combination of a new manager with better organizational abilities and focus, plus a re-vamped PTS program starting in MY2016 would be extremely desirable for all of Porsche customers in North America! For example, we need a wider variety of deviating stitching colors available to go with the PTS 'greens' and 'blues' already approved as exterior color selections! We had them in the 997 model, for goodness sake! Plus specific new guidelines for ordering PTS that are widely disseminated and understood by all potential customers and Porsche dealers alike. There is nothing more frustrating for a 'Porsche Exclusive' customer, once he/she decides to spend the big bucks and customized his vehicle, than to be told he missed the PTS window by a few days, weeks or months!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Originally Posted by bigkraig
Just spoke with Barbara (the new Sasha) at the la auto show. She says PTS should be returning around June. And I am also being told that the reason the program was paused was due to overwhelming demand for PTS.
Originally Posted by bigkraig
Her name is Barbara Boeckenhoff. I didn't ask much about what is going on at Porsche Exclusive, I was mostly interested in what was happening with PTS.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...no-no-yes.html
Old 12-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Larry: Did you actually meet any of the PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive' representatives at that event? My understanding was that Barbara Boeckenhoff was at the event (her first auto show as new manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA. I am pretty sure that Matthew Henry was there too...and perhaps even Melissa Witek, although I have not heard her name mentioned this year at LA.

Yes, the combination of a new manager with better organizational abilities and focus, plus a re-vamped PTS program starting in MY2016 would be extremely desirable for all of Porsche customers in North America! For example, we need a wider variety of deviating stitching colors available to go with the PTS 'greens' and 'blues' already approved as exterior color selections! We had them in the 997 model, for goodness sake! Plus specific new guidelines for ordering PTS that are widely disseminated and understood by all potential customers and Porsche dealers alike. There is nothing more frustrating for a 'Porsche Exclusive' customer, once he/she decides to spend the big bucks and customized his vehicle, than to be told he missed the PTS window by a few days, weeks or months!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...no-no-yes.html
Hi Eduardo, sadly no, they were all too busy showing the Wiessach pkg 918 and the Exclusive Panamera ...

The people I spoke with were PAG reps, so I would have expected them to have a little more insight than the PCNA bods... ah well ... Sapphire Blue for me!

See you at RSR-V
Old 12-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

I was lucky enough to be part of the first Exclusive program with 30 other sales guys in the US last year. The pilot program was renewed this year with an additional 120 of us now which is fantastic. We just received our first Exclusive 991 Turbo S designed by Melissa Witek and it looks superb. I also received confirmation that Aston Martin Storm Black paint is now under feasibility testing that I submitted for my client....

Color changes from deep black to a cherry coke depending on the light....
Old 12-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Oh Brett ... dont go mentioning PTS ... ahem ... when are the 2015 windows? and when does my order lock again?
Old 12-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Default Did anyone see "Car Matchmaker" on Esquire Tonight?

It was a Porsche edition, and they visited the Exclusive Design lounge in L.A and our good friend Matthew was there...

Apparently Jerry Seinfeld claims to be the 1st one to spec yellow seat belts to match the PCCB calipers...

Anything good enough for Jerry is good enough for me!
Old 12-17-2014, 03:18 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche

I also received confirmation that Aston Martin Storm Black paint is now under feasibility testing that I submitted for my client....
has red flakes in it .. stunning colour. Wonder if cost will be higher than standard
Old 12-17-2014, 03:59 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was lucky enough to be part of the first Exclusive program with 30 other sales guys in the US last year. The pilot program was renewed this year with an additional 120 of us now which is fantastic. We just received our first Exclusive 991 Turbo S designed by Melissa Witek and it looks superb. I also received confirmation that Aston Martin Storm Black paint is now under feasibility testing that I submitted for my client....

Color changes from deep black to a cherry coke depending on the light....
Just curious, with the red TTS why wasn't PTS considered? Its such a very special car, even with the stock color.

My experiences trying to get a two paint to samples with two different 911's, Melissa and Matt were outstanding. The hold up, and later rejections were done by Germany, setting the approval/rejections, not the US exclusive folks. They have little influence what Germany can accept.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:24 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Not sure why the Exclusive car we received was not PTS but we just took the car we were offered? I would think that the Storm Black will be the same $5500 charge if it gets approval...and I plan on ordering a few cars in that color for stock as well....
Old 12-20-2014, 05:24 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure why the Exclusive car we received was not PTS but we just took the car we were offered? I would think that the Storm Black will be the same $5500 charge if it gets approval...and I plan on ordering a few cars in that color for stock as well....
I sincerely hope you and your customers get that Aston color. It's beautiful. From my experiences, as a long time customer, getting Germany to even agree to do their approved PTS Porsche colors is very difficult. German needs to do chemistry/environmental testing on all non standard Porsche colors and it takes many months, and usually they reject it.

That all said, I was told no more PTS sample colors for current model year. If still interested, I will need to roll the dice again for '16 models.

Quick Reply: Porsche is promoting the Exclusive program