Sponsored by:

Chris Harris has spoken on the 991 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 02:51 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
************************ I don't know gentlemen...first of all on closer inspection that is 'Silver' trim & decals. Maybe it's been altered for color or a special lens filter was used, but that .2 997 gt3 RS below doesn't look 'Aqua Blue Metallic' to me! Photo was provided on a press release on a different topic by PAG & PCNA. But it's very possible that the photo was manipulated for color by the office that released it. Maybe to highlight the 'smoke' trail over it. Notice that the license plate color also appears a bit 'purple' in the shot, like the paint of the RS: ...and it should be distinctly 'Blue': Bottom line, gentlemen, we have to eliminate this particular photo from the discussion since it's no clear its 'real' and representative of any shade of the color (ultraviolet, royal purple or lilac) that is a confirmed Porsche factory color paint! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
No Eduardo, the camera is saturated by the cleaner jacket!
Old 05-24-2015, 05:07 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
No Eduardo, the camera is saturated by the cleaner jacket!
Well, he is not cleaning the car...he is directing 'visible air' ('smoke'...or 'technical gas') on the car in a wind tunnel at Weissach to capture airflow to determine, for example, the coefficient of friction (COF) on this particular .2 997 gt3 RS!

But I take your point...there is a lot of color 'saturation' on this photo, which makes it totally invalid for the purposes of our discussion re: 'Ultraviolet'.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-25-2015, 02:22 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Well, he is not cleaning the car...he is directing 'visible air' ('smoke'...or 'technical gas') on the car in a wind tunnel at Weissach to capture airflow to determine, for example, the coefficient of friction (COF) on this particular .2 997 gt3 RS! But I take your point...there is a lot of color 'saturation' on this photo, which makes it totally invalid for the purposes of our discussion re: 'Ultraviolet'. Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
I thought it looked a little windy! Man, too much wine while posting!
Old 05-25-2015, 02:32 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I thought it looked a little windy! Man, too much wine while posting!
From a public health perspective, wine (particularly red - 'The French Paradox') is better than what I am normally drinking!

Keep up that good habit!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-25-2015, 01:22 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

From a public health perspective, wine (particularly red - 'The French Paradox') is better than what I am normally drinking! Keep up that good habit! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
I try to keep the red in a much higher proportion to my thirst for brown waters...."try", being the key word. Nice collection!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Polarcharger
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris Harris reviews the new GT3 RS and the first five pages are filled with a "discussion" concerning color? Is this the Panamera forum?

Looks like Porsche is right to cater first and foremost to the PDK, front end lift, deviated stitching fans.

Don't forget the key trim in matching exterior color...

Old 05-26-2015, 12:38 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Polarcharger
Chris Harris reviews the new GT3 RS and the first five pages are filled with a "discussion" concerning color? Is this the Panamera forum?

Looks like Porsche is right to cater first and foremost to the PDK, front end lift, deviated stitching fans.

Ouch!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:54 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,795 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Well, Clark Kent cares about the color scheme of his suit.

As does Tony Stark.

If those guys worry about it, I figure it's something I should probably at least look into.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:41 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Chris Harris reviews the new GT3 RS and the first five pages are filled with a "discussion" concerning color? Is this the Panamera forum? Looks like Porsche is right to cater first and foremost to the PDK, front end lift, deviated stitching fans. Don't forget the key trim in matching exterior color...
So are you saying those concerned with color are ..... What?, Panamera drivers? Those that aren't, because race car?
Old 05-26-2015, 02:22 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

RIGHT ON. The audience has clearly moved on. Wait another two years and the RS crowd will only care about paint stripes and top trumps at cars/coffee...
Old 05-26-2015, 03:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
RIGHT ON. The audience has clearly moved on. Wait another two years and the RS crowd will only care about paint stripes and top trumps at cars/coffee...
well then for that to work, PAG must improve the cup holders such that large latte can be held without toppling over.

and a portable latte machine shall be deemed std.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:45 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The video was good. Not great, because we already know how much he loves the GT3, so there were no revelations. I really didn't expect any and I got the enjoyment that I expected from his style. Which made this one much more gratuitous because, of course we knew he was going to love it! So, I enjoyed the video for all of it's indulgent glory!!! Did he not say anything negative because nothing negative exists about the RS, or because he was simply so blinded by all of the perverse automotive goodness? So much to the point, that any negatives were simply overshadowed so much that he forgot they existed? He did make a reference to the lack of a manual, but from his GT3 vids, we do know that he doesn't really miss it too much and while I'm sure once available for the next GT3 if available on the 1.2 GT3, we'll hear all about how he missed it, but as of right now, the PDK's too good to miss the 6mt enough to make too much of a point. I mean, I really wanted Cookies and Cream, but damn the Cookie Dough is so good, I forgot that I even wanted Cookies and Cream. lol
Old 05-26-2015, 04:03 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
well then for that to work, PAG must improve the cup holders such that large latte can be held without toppling over.

and a portable latte machine shall be deemed std.
I got a Porsche Exclusive Milk Frother on my 1.1GT3. Maybe Eduardo can elaborate.

Go ahead tome su bebida!
Old 05-26-2015, 04:11 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I remember that one too. It came a week later after our initial conversations re; 'Ultraviolet' on the Consolidated RS thread. I also posted on that one (#71). I am very happy to be in the company of you, Vivian, Reter and others that think this color rocks!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...spotted-5.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Well, I always thought purple was reserved for pompous kings and pedophilic dinosaurs (Hi, Barney!), but I have to admit, I dig UV. It looks in pics like a twinge of purple mated with a blue verging on an indigo blue and my old favorite Ferrari color, Tour de France blue.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:28 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

This is excactly what PAG wants! More leather and more options makes more money. The car that you and me are looking for will hopefully show up.
And I don't mean to take anything away from the new RS. I love to drive them all. It's just a little more touring than the old RS. That will bring in more costumes that brings more money. Like TRAKCAR says ."RS is new Fiat" Please bring back the two options that we had with 73rs, 964rs and 993rs! Touring or club sport! The modern CS is not extreme enough! That way we get the best out of two worlds.

Quick Reply: Chris Harris has spoken on the 991 GT3 RS