Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 market= VERY STRONG

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:32 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

300 cars whether NA or WW is not likely going to effect GT3 pricing. If it does it would be minimally, imo.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:03 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm all the place, I can't decide which state I'm in...
I think you're probably OK. Truckee, where I live is small and close to the border, so people get flagged for this often. I own my business which is in CA, so I'm hosed!

I just bought a mini for my daughter, so taxed yet again!
Old 04-18-2015, 11:11 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I think you're probably OK. Truckee, where I live is small and close to the border, so people get flagged for this often. I own my business which is in CA, so I'm hosed!

I just bought a mini for my daughter, so taxed yet again!
Yeah, I'm as gray as it can get...either I have residency in both states or I'm not technically a resident of either state...in transit maybe?
Old 04-19-2015, 12:57 AM
HBGT3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm as gray as it can get...either I have residency in both states or I'm not technically a resident of either state...in transit maybe?
My car is registered to my business in a state w/0% sales tax. My personal residency becomes less of an issue. I guess where the car is kept most of the time is a variable. Now when was the last time I was in that state???
Old 04-19-2015, 02:30 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 341 Likes on 174 Posts

Interesting....I work in CA but I'm registered to vote in NV, have a NV driver's license, and spend my time equally between both states. Sounds like both states would want me to register my cars in each state.
Facts and circumstances. Based on the limited information you've posted, I'd say California has an argument. And California WANTS your money as much as it wants water.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

i wouldnt f&ck with california.. they will do anything for a dollar.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:01 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Dont play with fire in Cali, tax wise they take no prisoners
Old 04-21-2015, 03:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeRed
^ Dont play with fire in Cali, tax wise they take no prisoners
Originally Posted by rijowysock
i wouldnt f&ck with california.. they will do anything for a dollar.
They already tax me enough on my income...I'm not giving them a penny more when it comes to sales tax on the cars that I purchase.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Says the CPA??
If you work for yourself as a CPA and have others CPAs working for you who you charge out at four times that you pay your CPA's. That is where CPA's make money. The big local firms who have 20+ CPAs trying to get their hours to get their CPA certs that is where the money roles in. Just sit on your *** with all your CPA hour accumulator's with your name on the Title to the business - but you get to carry all the risk.

I worked years ago for the largest CPA firm in the southern valley and the top two guys just sat on their assess reviewing some of the bigger account's work. Hell the woman who got me the job there also taught at the local Community College half the time. She had an Master in Taxation. A CPA Firm offered her $190K a year, back in 1996, to move to Fresno to take care of their more wealthier client's. She declined - I crapped a Potato. But her Husband had an established Architecture Firm. But she would have still made more than him I'm sure. I was her Professor's assistant and was a cpa major. Sometime I wish I would have double majored in MIS and CPA when I went to Cal State Bakersfield. Only took me 10 years to get a four year degree. What happens when you work 40+ hours a week when going to school. And attending a school that works on a 10 week quarter and not a 16 week semesters. I was accepted to Haas School of Business before I moved back home to help my mom with my dad's pancreatic cancer. That slot is gone but I can't fret wondering what a Master's degree and all the work would have involved; wasn't looking forward to going back to skewl after being out for about 10 years.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 04-21-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:27 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Interesting....I work in CA but I'm registered to vote in NV, have a NV driver's license, and spend my time equally between both states. Sounds like both states would want me to register my cars in each state.
Hmm, back in 1995, I lived on NV side of Lake Tahoe and commuted to work in CA. I got flagged by CHP several times after about a year of commuting. They had recognized my car and stated that since I was in CA daily for work, I needed to register my car in CA. I'm guessing NV would care less where the car is registered.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:51 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 455 Likes on 252 Posts

Hmm, back in 1995, I lived on NV side of Lake Tahoe and commuted to work in CA. I got flagged by CHP several times after about a year of commuting. They had recognized my car and stated that since I was in CA daily for work, I needed to register my car in CA. I'm guessing NV would care less where the car is registered.
That is a bunch of BS - no way would you have to register a car in a state just because you work there. Live there, fine, but work no way. They were full of it.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:56 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

NV does care and has higher registration fees than Cali. There are large fines associated with failing to comply with the NV Revised Statues. The definition of a NV resident is defined in the law below.

NRS 482.103  “Resident” defined.
1.  “Resident” includes, but is not limited to, a person:
(a) Whose legal residence is in the State of Nevada.
(b) Who engages in intrastate business and operates in such a business any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer, or any person maintaining such vehicles in this State, as the home state of such vehicles.
(c) Who physically resides in this State and engages in a trade, profession, occupation or accepts gainful employment in this State.
(d) Who declares that he or she is a resident of Nevada for purposes of obtaining privileges not ordinarily extended to nonresidents of this State.
2.  The term does not include a person who is an actual tourist, an out-of-state student, a border state employee or a seasonal resident.
3.  The provisions of this section do not apply to persons who operate vehicles in this State under the provisions of NRS 482.385, 482.390, 482.395, 482.3961 or 706.801 to 706.861, inclusive.
(Added to NRS by 1973, 1567; A 1989, 703; 2013, 3192)
Old 04-21-2015, 03:22 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0to60
NV does care and has higher registration fees than Cali. There are large fines associated with failing to comply with the NV Revised Statues. The definition of a NV resident is defined in the law below.

NRS 482.103  “Resident” defined.
1.  “Resident” includes, but is not limited to, a person:
(a) Whose legal residence is in the State of Nevada.
(b) Who engages in intrastate business and operates in such a business any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer, or any person maintaining such vehicles in this State, as the home state of such vehicles.
(c) Who physically resides in this State and engages in a trade, profession, occupation or accepts gainful employment in this State.
(d) Who declares that he or she is a resident of Nevada for purposes of obtaining privileges not ordinarily extended to nonresidents of this State.
2.  The term does not include a person who is an actual tourist, an out-of-state student, a border state employee or a seasonal resident.
3.  The provisions of this section do not apply to persons who operate vehicles in this State under the provisions of NRS 482.385, 482.390, 482.395, 482.3961 or 706.801 to 706.861, inclusive.
(Added to NRS by 1973, 1567; A 1989, 703; 2013, 3192)
My comment has to do with enforcement and LOL at registration fees. NV doesn't have the value basis any where near as high as CA or the crazy CARB to deal with.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:23 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
That is a bunch of BS - no way would you have to register a car in a state just because you work there. Live there, fine, but work no way. They were full of it.
Go back and read post 56.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:43 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My comment has to do with enforcement and LOL at registration fees. NV doesn't have the value basis any where near as high as CA or the crazy CARB to deal with.
There is a unit in each County in NV ( Constables Office ) that actively enforces the laws regarding registration. A 2015 GT3 is 2300 a year to register in Clark County. Cali more ?

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 market= VERY STRONG