Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My delivery photo essay

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats! Great options and color. But your .2 GT3 looks incredible!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations bud. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story and glad the trip inside the trailer went without a hitch.

Great looking car. You have picked your color wisely!!!

Tomorrow is sunny in PDX, and you should be able to put few miles on the odometer. I know I am planning to do the same. I live in Camas, and not too far from you. Hope to meet you soon in person. Mark
Old 01-30-2015, 12:51 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Congrats, can't get enough of GR GT3's!!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:54 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
Congrats! Great options and color. But your .2 GT3 looks incredible!
I know, but I treated it like a race car, I wish I hadn't... won't do that again.

Originally Posted by mqandil
Congratulations bud. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the story and glad the trip inside the trailer went without a hitch.

Great looking car. You have picked your color wisely!!!

Tomorrow is sunny in PDX, and you should be able to put few miles on the odometer. I know I am planning to do the same. I live in Camas, and not too far from you. Hope to meet you soon in person. Mark
I know! Getting in from Indiana midday, I do plan to get a drive in! Look forward to meeting my twin sometime soon, you a PCA member? I thought I recall you autocrossed- with the PCA by chance?
Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I know! Getting in from Indiana midday, I do plan to get a drive in! Look forward to meeting my twin sometime soon, you a PCA member? I thought I recall you autocrossed- with the PCA by chance?
Yes I am a PCA member and I did autocross my GT3 in August, September and October. My car # is 7. Earlier in the year I autocrossed my 911 4S and my Boxster. I probably met you at one of these events. Look forward to see you again soon. Enjoy your baby tomorrow. Mark
Old 01-30-2015, 02:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

FINALLY it's here.
aren't you glad you got the seats!
Old 01-30-2015, 03:47 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride! I love the TPD trailers I have had my 32', stacker TPD (triple axle) for 18 years and it looks as new as the first day. But hauling 2 race cars, 100 gal of water, tools and spares I decided to haul with a custom Chevy Kodiak medium duty. The combo is pretty bulletproof.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:56 AM
Motoki
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting that, loved the play by play of the whole day. Congrats on the new ride I'm going to go out on limb here and bet you are going to have a blast with it.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Firstly a huge congratulations on getting a beautifully spec'd car. It looks gorgeous!
Secondly, thank you for sharing your story and the pic diary. It's always nice to be reminded of how special collection day was.

The trailer info being provided by all is very informative and I'm taking notes on what my options are.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats. Enjoy
Old 01-30-2015, 10:20 AM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts

Maybe I should just leave it in neutral with the key in the ignition?
My new trailer gets here on Monday and I have been wondering about this. Anyone have opinions on this? I have a 24' Intech coming and had the winch plate installed so my plan was to winch it onto the trailer. What is the harm in leaving the car in NEUTRAL with all 4 corners tied down? If you're using 5K - 10K straps at each corner the car isn't going anywhere. Seems like a huge hassle to use a winch for convenience sake then have to go though the broom handle dance or have to climb in to back it out.

Thoughts please..
Old 01-30-2015, 12:09 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Yes I am a PCA member and I did autocross my GT3 in August, September and October. My car # is 7. Earlier in the year I autocrossed my 911 4S and my Boxster. I probably met you at one of these events. Look forward to see you again soon. Enjoy your baby tomorrow. Mark
The day looks glorious, my wife just sent this picture from our house. Camas is on your left. Will autocrossing later this year for sure.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  52.6 KB

Originally Posted by mooty
FINALLY it's here.
aren't you glad you got the seats!
Yes!!!!

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Congratulations on your new ride! I love the TPD trailers I have had my 32', stacker TPD (triple axle) for 18 years and it looks as new as the first day. But hauling 2 race cars, 100 gal of water, tools and spares I decided to haul with a custom Chevy Kodiak medium duty. The combo is pretty bulletproof.
Sounds awesome, take it you avoid a CDL somehow?

Originally Posted by Motoki
Thanks for posting that, loved the play by play of the whole day. Congrats on the new ride I'm going to go out on limb here and bet you are going to have a blast with it.
YES!!!

Originally Posted by Haku
Firstly a huge congratulations on getting a beautifully spec'd car. It looks gorgeous!
Secondly, thank you for sharing your story and the pic diary. It's always nice to be reminded of how special collection day was.

The trailer info being provided by all is very informative and I'm taking notes on what my options are.
I know, the diary of the day is something to remember. Lots of good trailer info here, click on 24 chromiums trailer diary sig for starters.

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
awesome!

congrats!
Originally Posted by Rustycat
Congrats. Enjoy
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Strimdog
My new trailer gets here on Monday and I have been wondering about this. Anyone have opinions on this? I have a 24' Intech coming and had the winch plate installed so my plan was to winch it onto the trailer. What is the harm in leaving the car in NEUTRAL with all 4 corners tied down? If you're using 5K - 10K straps at each corner the car isn't going anywhere. Seems like a huge hassle to use a winch for convenience sake then have to go though the broom handle dance or have to climb in to back it out.

Thoughts please..
I just don't want to run down the battery, I wonder if the parking brake works in neutral. Must try...
Old 01-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

First drive to Starbucks. Overheard- "Is that a Ferrari?"
[/IMG]
Strangely, I had some guy run out to me and ask me the same question. Seriously WTF, how can you mistake this car for a Ferrari lol.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Great looking car and a very nice build sheet. Outstanding color choice!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the car !!

What is the width of your trailer between the wheel wells ??

Also would you mind posting pictures of your tie-downs. I need to look into getting some for the GT3 also.

Quick Reply: My delivery photo essay