Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight Bucket Supply causing GT3's to be pushed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

Hmmm. Is this not contradictory to everything we have believed till now?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,760 Likes on 923 Posts

Going to be interesting to see what's meant by mechanical width adjustment and how it's executed. Upper, lower, actual mechanical adjustment, or pneumatic adjustment?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:31 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Going to be interesting to see what's meant by mechanical width adjustment and how it's executed. Upper, lower, actual mechanical adjustment, or pneumatic adjustment?
This has me curious as well....not aware of any manual width adjustment on these seats. No one that I know at PAG has mentioned this (although I have never asked specifically about width adjustment). Don't believe this shows in U.S. configurator.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:41 AM
UAEGT3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am hoping that many wont be disappointed with the un-adjustable back on those buckets. They look pretty upright. Especially you guys had to wait all this time because of the delays caused by this option.

For me the 4 ways are great, especially with my back issues, having that extra bit of adjustment and mobility is always a plus for me.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:53 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by UAEGT3
I am hoping that many wont be disappointed with the un-adjustable back on those buckets. They look pretty upright. Especially you guys had to wait all this time because of the delays caused by this option.

For me the 4 ways are great, especially with my back issues, having that extra bit of adjustment and mobility is always a plus for me.
I'm sure someone out there might be disappointed but the vast majority of us I think will be very happy. Everyone at this point knows the backs don't adjust and yes they sit pretty upright but is proper sitting position for track days which I think most choose these seats for.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:42 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by nicolasr
Hello, i don't know where is Nate, but my new GT3 has arrive to the dealer with the P11 bucket. Here are the potos the dealer sent me. I know are not very good images, but i can send more pictures when i will pick my new GT3 next saturday

Thanks for posting! This is our first 'glimpse' of the new LWB seats on the GT3.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default re: 991 GT3 'P11' sport bucket seats...

Originally Posted by Strimdog
Hmmm. Is this not contradictory to everything we have believed till now?
Not really. Back in 5/13/2014 we reported here on Rennlist that the 918 sport bucket seats (now officially called opt P11) would be offered...in Germany.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...3-website.html

So they now have finally arrived in European gt3's as well as US gt3's. The confusion was that Europeans & ROW customers always had the choice of the gt2-type sport bucket seats (called P03) on their 991/981, including the MY2014 gt3's, and when we talked about the upcoming 'sport bucket', some would say 'we have it already. Here it is' and show us the P03's in error. Now that production of the 'P11' option is up & running, both US and ROW gt3 customers have the choice of ordering these seats too! And it looks like 'NicolasR' gt3 is the first vehicle photographed with them that we have seen. By the way, some gt3 customers in ROW will continue to choose the P03's over the P11's. We don't have that choice.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Originally Posted by sccchiii
This has me curious as well....not aware of any manual width adjustment on these seats. No one that I know at PAG has mentioned this (although I have never asked specifically about width adjustment). Don't believe this shows in U.S. configurator.
Not in US configurator or anywhere else I have seen - including the 918. Or in the design patents I have seen or in conversations with the patent holder - Thorsten Klein - which I have had both in the US & Germany. I think it's a simple mistake in the translated description posted by 'NicolasR', which he found & image-captured in some European Porsche gt3 website or written brochure, and must be a translation from the original German! The proverbial 'something lost in the translation' could be the 'culprit' here. The manual mechanical adjustment of these P11 seats is clearly - front (fore) & back (aft) sliding - to get closer or further from pedals & steering wheel. And that is my bet as to what we will know about it when all the dust settles re: what he has posted. The width is not manually adjusted per my understanding of how these seats work. But we are always ready for interesting/last minute surprises from the good folks at PAG...

Originally Posted by UAEGT3

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I'm sure someone out there might be disappointed but the vast majority of us I think will be very happy. Everyone at this point knows the backs don't adjust and yes they sit pretty upright but is proper sitting position for track days which I think most choose these seats for.
The electrical height adjustment on driver's seat should allow for 'tilting' of the seat (higher in front than in back), which offers some alternative angles in positioning. Although strict rules govern the position of the driver in seat relative to the frontal air bag, the driver's seat has some latitude (perhaps such as tilting) since the air bag in front of the driver is located in the steering wheel which adjust up & down to suit the driver...and keeps the air bag well positioned at almost all times!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images       
Old 11-30-2014, 01:04 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Nicolasr,
Welcome to the forum, and great first posts! Nice to have the first LWB seats delivered finally. I'm hoping you could answer a few questions.

Have you sat in them? If so, how do they feel? How upright do they feel?
Can you tell us more about the mechanical width adjustment feature?
What interior option did you select (standard, leather with platinum stitching, or leather with red stitching)? And can you show/tell us more about what the stitching on the seats looks like (since they do not have the piping that the 918 versions have)?

And please post some more photos when you get the chance, with the covers off!

Thanks and congratulations on your new GT3!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Not really. Back in 5/13/2014 we reported here on Rennlist that the 918 sport bucket seats (now officially called opt P11) would be offered...in Germany.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...3-website.html

So they now have finally arrived in European gt3's as well as US gt3's. The confusion was that Europeans & ROW customers always had the choice of the gt2-type sport bucket seats (called P03) on their 991/981, including the MY2014 gt3's, and when we talked about the upcoming 'sport bucket', some would say 'we have it already. Here it is' and show us the P03's in error. Now that production of the 'P11' option is up & running, both US and ROW gt3 customers have the choice of ordering these seats too! And it looks like 'NicolasR' gt3 is the first vehicle photographed with them that we have seen. By the way, some gt3 customers in ROW will continue to choose the P03's over the P11's. We don't have that choice.

Not in US configurator or anywhere else I have seen - including the 918. Or in the design patents I have seen or in conversations with the patent holder - Thorsten Klein - which I have had both in the US & Germany. I think it's a simple mistake in the translated description posted by 'NicolasR', which he found & image-captured in some European Porsche gt3 website or written brochure, and must be a translation from the original German! The proverbial 'something lost in the translation' could be the 'culprit' here. The manual mechanical adjustment of these P11 seats is clearly - front (fore) & back (aft) sliding - to get closer or further from pedals & steering wheel. And that is my bet as to what we will know about it when all the dust settles re: what he has posted. The width is not manually adjusted per my understanding of how these seats work. But we are always ready for interesting/last minute surprises from the good folks at PAG...

The electrical height adjustment on driver's seat should allow for 'tilting' of the seat (higher in front than in back), which offers some alternative angles in positioning. Although strict rules govern the position of the driver in seat relative to the frontal air bag, the driver's seat has some latitude (perhaps such as tilting) since the air bag in front of the driver is located in the steering wheel which adjust up & down to suit the driver...and keeps the air bag well positioned at almost all times!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo - As Usual - THANKS! You're the man.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:33 PM
nicolasr
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Hi Nicolasr,
Welcome to the forum, and great first posts! Nice to have the first LWB seats delivered finally. I'm hoping you could answer a few questions.

Have you sat in them? If so, how do they feel? How upright do they feel?
Can you tell us more about the mechanical width adjustment feature?
What interior option did you select (standard, leather with platinum stitching, or leather with red stitching)? And can you show/tell us more about what the stitching on the seats looks like (since they do not have the piping that the 918 versions have)?

And please post some more photos when you get the chance, with the covers off!

Thanks and congratulations on your new GT3!!!

Thanks. I promise to send more and better pictures as soon as possible . Until next Saturday I do not return to my city and I can not pick and test the car . I have selected leather with platinum (no red )
The P11 image and text i have attached it's the 'official' image the dealer sent me from Porsche intranet, with the text... I had to push my ask until november production to put the P11 seats instead P03, because until november the P11 buckets were not available.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:55 PM
DaveGordon
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, congrats..!

I've sat in the P11 seats in a 918 (assuming they are the same) and they did strike me as little more upright than the P03s in my DD. Driving position was all business - not a relaxed position. If you're used to a laid-back setup on sofa seats then you'd certainly get a shock.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:17 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nate is still in the running for a "chicken dinner " I guess. Enough of the turkey leftovers already. :-)
Old 11-30-2014, 02:25 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

A bit off subject as it has nothing to do with the current situation but interesting to note (if this is old news already my apologies)....I have been told by someone close to engineering PAG that a prototype LW sport bucket is installed on drivers side of one of the GT4 mules (and possibly a GT3 RS mule) that is customizable with many air bladders installed between top fabric and the carbon fiber shell. A mini hand air pump must be installed in each "zone" for customized adjustment and I am told that the bladders on lower sides can adjust width inside the seat shell. The prototype could be next gen bucket production offering or for motorsports team use. My bet would be for works team drivers but it is said to appear to have a "production car" like appearance.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:47 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,964 Likes on 915 Posts

Some great gt4 news and info on the seats. Takes me back to reebok pump sneakers.. Awesome
Old 11-30-2014, 08:31 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by seapar
Nate is still in the running for a "chicken dinner " I guess. Enough of the turkey leftovers already. :-)
Lol, sorry my car still isn't here. Was 55 degrees today so was out for a 5 hour drive and final farewell to my RS5 that I'm going to trade in when the GT3 finally arrives - perhaps tomorrow? It's been a week since it cleared customs and on the truck since Wednesday...

Quick Reply: Lightweight Bucket Supply causing GT3's to be pushed.