Sponsored by:

No Looking Back

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:09 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default No Looking Back

I had the pleasure of taking a road trip with some fellow Rennlisters. Mike in CA, Mooty and ChrisF. We were quite a sight, two shiny new red GT3s, alongside a 4 liter RS and 3.8 liter GT3. Chris was itching to get some seat time in my new GT3, and, what with his ride being the identical twin of my original GT3, Gisele, I was more than happy to oblige. We did the swap while we were on a mountainous twisty section. Slipping into the GT2 seats was like putting on a favorite pair of loafers. I even remembered how to use all three pedals. However, a dozen or so turns into the ride, I was desperate to get back into my girl Scarlett. She is just so damn easy to drive, and drive fast at the limit. The road was hairpin after hairpin. Nothing but 2nd and 3rd gear. And, to keep up, you needed to be constantly shifting gears. I found rowing the gears by hand to be slow and tedious. I wanted back in my car!

Chris had a huge grin on his face when we swapped back again. He quipped that it was probably the most expensive 15 miles he'd ever driven (meaning now he'll HAVE to buy a 991 GT3!).

I'm loving it and not looking back. This car is AWESOME!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:11 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not surprised! These cars are hilariously fun and fast has hell.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:14 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^^Great to hear and Thanks for sharing it ^^^
Old 10-22-2014, 11:16 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

JEOLUS. Nobody said anything to me. What route? HWY 1?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:19 PM
911dev
Drifting

Great to hear this, from a hardcore group!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:23 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great write up, cannot wait for mine.
Fyf I will be listing a 2004 Cup soon if anyone interested. Brand New michelin's , tilton carbon clutch, strong 3.8 motor. I am not in the mood for trailering and new slicks anymore.

24chromium you have a newer Cup , how far off is the 991?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Yellow
Instructor

can't wait for the norcal group drives when mine arrives in Feb!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

Awesome, January can't come fast enough. Glad I'm making the jump back in the pool.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
I had the pleasure of taking a road trip with some fellow Rennlisters. Mike in CA, Mooty and ChrisF. We were quite a sight, two shiny new red GT3s, alongside a 4 liter RS and 3.8 liter GT3. Chris was itching to get some seat time in my new GT3, and, what with his ride being the identical twin of my original GT3, Gisele, I was more than happy to oblige. We did the swap while we were on a mountainous twisty section. Slipping into the GT2 seats was like putting on a favorite pair of loafers. I even remembered how to use all three pedals. However, a dozen or so turns into the ride, I was desperate to get back into my girl Scarlett. She is just so damn easy to drive, and drive fast at the limit. The road was hairpin after hairpin. Nothing but 2nd and 3rd gear. And, to keep up, you needed to be constantly shifting gears. I found rowing the gears by hand to be slow and tedious. I wanted back in my car!

Chris had a huge grin on his face when we swapped back again. He quipped that it was probably the most expensive 15 miles he'd ever driven (meaning now he'll HAVE to buy a 991 GT3!).

This sounds like a lot of fun. This is a road trip, I would have loved to be part of. Great cars, great roads, and best of all great company. I hope you guys took some pictures or videos to share with the rest of us. Mark
Old 10-23-2014, 12:08 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Great company and a great day. Unfortunately not a lot of pictures as we were too busy driving! There was one nice photo op coming over Hwy 175 towards Clear Lake with the fog in the valley down below but that section of road, with hardly any traffic, was just too good to stop. Hopefully we can plan another ride and include more new NorCal owners.

As Chris was walking back to swap keys again after his stint in Lar's car, he stopped briefly as he passed my window and said just two words; "Holy ****..."

These shots were taken at our starting point in Santa Rosa.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Mike in CA; 10-23-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:17 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
JEOLUS. Nobody said anything to me. What route? HWY 1?
u didn't look at the right thread!

lar is ruining all the H patter diehards.
after 30 miles of that beet, i ordered mine
chris is about to jump off the cliff, he just doesn't know yet. but there is a GT silver available for him locally ;-)

from the outside, when the 991 shift gears, sounds afterburner turning on....

lar, did u see the wheels i ordered for u in the warehouse..... heehee....
open your wallet and look at your text
Old 10-23-2014, 12:20 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Nice! Who got the cool euro plates?

edit: NM, I see it's Lar's
Old 10-23-2014, 12:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Nice! Who got the cool euro plates?

edit: NM, I see it's Lar's
oh, dont get him started on PLATES. we just had a long discussion from PLATES to douchebags and bidet...... you dont want to know.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:34 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
u didn't look at the right thread!

lar is ruining all the H patter diehards.
after 30 miles of that beet, i ordered mine
chris is about to jump off the cliff, he just doesn't know yet. but there is a GT silver available for him locally ;-)

from the outside, when the 991 shift gears, sounds afterburner turning on....

lar, did u see the wheels i ordered for u in the warehouse..... heehee....
open your wallet and look at your text
U right Mooty. Love to hook up with you guys next time. Every single one of these cars look awesome. Make you wanna drive. Wonder if we need milk.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:40 AM
speedoflight
Racer

Originally Posted by 24Chromium

the sequential on the cup and the PDK on the 3 is making you lazy!

Quick Reply: No Looking Back