Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any special options not on US config worth mentioning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 02:41 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question any special options not on US config worth mentioning?

have a "botched" 14' coming some day this year, but just got the go ahead to place my PTS 15' order.

have had it built in my mind since january...

when ordering my 997's and 991's there was always an option here/there that wasnt clearly explained but was something sick (like how sport seats option for $800 gives you "full smooth leather" seating so you dont need to order "full leather"... or how the smoking package gives you that nice closeable cubby instead of a gaping hole..

my 15'

Individual equipment Prices*
Exterior Paint to Sample, Non-Metallic $5,500
Standard Interior in Black with Seats in Leather/Alcantara® $0
Extended Range Fuel Tank $0
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) $0
20" GT3 Wheels $0
Wheels Painted in Black
$685 Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell $0
Smoking Package $0
Floor Mats $0
Vehicle Key Painted $365
Sport Seats Plus (4-way) $0
Sound Package Plus $700
Porsche Communication Management $0 (PCM) incl. Navigation Module
Code for Exterior Color to Sample $0

(pic not mexico blue but only color config will make thats close)

---should be sexy... thought about red seatbelts to match brakes=eh
---thought about sport chrono (but on my gt3 its just clock, no changes otherwise....?? sport plus?)
---melissa not very helpful witek said no matter what they cannot paint the interior trim to match (lame)
---want the dash trim and door trim in alcantara like my current gt3 but do not see the option (is this still avail...on 997 was : CLE Trim Strip Swtch Pnl Alcantara 775.00" )
Attached Images  

Last edited by rijowysock; 06-21-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
any special options not on US config worth mentioning?
If you like the .1 997 gt3 RS look, ask Melissa if they can do for you the exterior rear view mirrors in 'Black' and the side trim on the rear gt3 spoiler in 'Black'. This will be a special request and will be priced accordingly. It is not on the configurator but it's available...to some.

My recommendation for you Riley is not to make too many waves if you have been able to get a PTS allocation on your '15 gt3. Consider yourself lucky and don't mess up you chance to get it. A 'Mexico Blue' 991 gt3 will be a rare bird!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 06-22-2014, 11:22 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Z356
If you like the .1 997 gt3 RS look, ask Melissa if they can do for you the exterior rear view mirrors in 'Black' and the side trim on the rear gt3 spoiler in 'Black'. This will be a special request and will be priced accordingly. It is not on the configurator but it's available...to some.

My recommendation for you Riley is not to make too many waves if you have been able to get a PTS allocation on your '15 gt3. Consider yourself lucky and don't mess up you chance to get it. A 'Mexico Blue' 991 gt3 will be a rare bird!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

i guess my only "waves" are sometimes reading your "custom" threads and then finding out almost nothing is available on new builds.. for 991 TT-S, couldn't get stitch color wanted, USA no longer allows painted seat backs, couldn't get items previously available on 991's, just frustrating to have someone in charge of "customizing your car to the next level" and have them not be very helpful.

at one point she actually told me to contact my parts department to "customize the 991-TTs"...

that Chartreuse 4.0 with the birch green stitch is my favorite car, but nothing even resembling blue is available stitch wise and half the 997 colors are gone too (literally 2 choices for stitch on 991 GT3 (i find that hard to believe))...) what ever happened to "color to sample interior"..

so my history with "porsche exclusive"

--11' cayenne "sorry model is too new"
--12' cayenne "we eliminated half the things we added but you can get leather on your mirror!"
--12' 991 "we haven't come up with what we will offer yet"
--14' TT-S ... ordered some stuff that came a little odd, the leather wrapped speakers and dash extra parts to be exact.
--14' TT .. frustrated and didn't do anything crazy, frustrated that they would use "embossed leather" at all on such a vehicle... seats we're the faux leather and not smooth...
--15' macan "nothing available"
--14' GT3 ""Regarding the GT3, we actually cannot do anything outside the order catalog for this one either."
--15 GT3 "Regarding the GT3, we actually cannot do anything outside the order catalog for this one either."
--14 TT-S " i got clear tail lights!!!....

so my question stands, if anyone knows of anything available (similar to the black mirror option abovE!^) i would love to know.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:07 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great questions. I don't really have answers, only more questions. Does anyone know why they won't do PTS colours for the interior dash trim in the GT3 (configurator made me drop PTS if I select this when I tried)? Eduardo, I recall you suggesting the interior paint was a nice way to bring exterior colours in, especially for PTS. It just didn't seem to work for me. Same applies to the "Side skirts painted" option.

Also, is it possible to order the red or yellow marker stripe on the steering wheel for the 991 GT3? I know it's an RS thing, but I like the look, and the aerokit light green C2S in the photo I posted earlier had it.

And why are painted seat backs not available in N Amer?

Other options to enquire about might include additional deviating colour options, although I don't have any experience with these. The 2015 configurator now offers "Headlight cleaning system covers painted in deviating exterior colour" with several more standard colours to choose from. So that should be possible for anyone, and it works on the configurator when PTS exterior colour is selected. And I've seen a 911 with black painted hood (not on a GT2RS, and I believe it was done from the factory)--assuming you like that look, so maybe it's an Exclusive option. I've heard a suggestion that you can get the LED headlights painted (black for example), but only if you're a VIP (might apply to many exclusive options). Although it's not factory, you can get nice floor mats with coloured trim/stitching made. And you can always paint your wheels (body colour or whatever by a local paint shop) even if it's not from the factory (and there's always plastidip ...Calexio? ...anyone? ...had to bring it up now that we're back from our stop-sale-induced cosmetic issues hiatus).
Old 06-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS and 'Porsche Exclusive' beats to a different drum in the gt3's!

Originally Posted by <3mph
Eduardo, I recall you suggesting the interior paint was a nice way to bring exterior colours in, especially for PTS.
The rules for ordering a gt3 or gt3 RS are unique. What is allowed on the regular models via 'Porsche Exclusive' and PTS is often not available for these special sport-oriented cars! That is the history and I doubt we will see them modified for the 991 version. But you can always ask!

Also, is it possible to order the red or yellow marker stripe on the steering wheel for the 991 GT3? I know it's an RS thing, but I like the look, and the aerokit light green C2S in the photo I posted earlier had it.
You can request it...but I doubt they will allow it. Yes, it's an 'RS' thing...and has been that way for a long time.

As an aside, can you send me photos of the steering wheel on the 'Light Green' C2S that you took when you were visiting the delivery center at Zuffenhausen? I'll make inquiries.

And why are painted seat backs not available in N Amer?
Perhaps a warranty issued that has come up (colors not matching 100%). Or a technical issue for the outside vendor that supplies the 'Sport Plus' seats and paints them at their own factory, not at Zuffenhausen.

The 2015 configurator now offers "Headlight cleaning system covers painted in deviating exterior colour" with several more standard colours to choose from. So that should be possible for anyone, and it works on the configurator when PTS exterior colour is selected.
I ordered deviated color for my 'nipples'. I had the only Porsche in the US in MY2012 with these in 'Guards Red'! They were unusual and looked, if you pardon my pun, just ****!

And I've seen a 911 with black painted hood (not on a GT2RS, and I believe it was done from the factory)--assuming you like that look, so maybe it's an Exclusive option.
It's has been available in the past. I photographed it at the factory on a 981 Boxster. Apparently currently on hold on regular models (according to the Porsche Exclusive rep I talked to at Parade Monterey). Regardless, it may not be offered on a gt3 even when this option is available again on regular models.

I just want to alert everyone that gt3 and gt3 RS do not follow the normal rules of PTS or 'Porsche Exclusive'. Sometimes it's because Porsche has contracted with outside vendors for specific content for these 'special' vehicles and often does not allow a customer to deviate from what it has planned for it. At other times it's the hereditary Teutonic 'auto-pilot'. "This is the way we do it, so shut up and drive".

Thus, caveat lector. My recommendation - hold out for PTS on your gt3 if you can! Any other modification from the configurator norm you ask for is just frosting on the cake! If you get them, consider yourself lucky. Otherwise...well, just shut up and drive!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 06-22-2014, 02:39 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Eduardo--there's no way to stump the expert! Amazing! Thanks again for your insightful answers. The red stripe on the steering wheel shows up in this photo (below), and it would be really great to hear whether this can be done on the GT3, and in particular if red or yellow can be selected. The blank "stripe" on the GT3 steering wheel left me feeling like something was missing there. Just a personal opinion, kind of like why I chose to put in sport chrono.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2014, 02:57 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo--there's no way to stump the expert! Amazing! Thanks again for your insightful answers. The red stripe on the steering wheel shows up in this photo (below), and it would be really great to hear whether this can be done on the GT3, and in particular if red or yellow can be selected. The blank "stripe" on the GT3 steering wheel left me feeling like something was missing there. Just a personal opinion, kind of like why I chose to put in sport chrono.
The stripe can be custom added aftermarket. In my TTS, I had a local guy (recommended by my dealership) put yellow stitching on all 4 seats and on the steering wheel, with a yellow stripe. Looked awesome. I am considering it on my GT3 in red but haven't decided yet. It would cost me about US$400-500, so hence the reluctance.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:01 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I think I've been on this forum close to a year, which has given me time to have a job which afforded me this car easily, then have company shut down in january and me left scratching me head as to next move, to starting a small business which now looks to put me back in the drivers seat by December... Which strangely worked out as if the engine recall hadn't happened I would have had to politely decline my summer 2014 delivery.

Now my car should be due for a 2015 Summer delivery according to sales guy, which has left me going round and round and round on colors and options like most of you.

I requested if PTS would be available thanks to Eduardo, and was told that this is definitely possible for me. I'm thinking Mexico blue with (wait for it...) painted mirrors, wheels, and spoiler tips in white? Black?

Alternatively, the gt silver car with red painted parts like in my sig except with black headlights.

I'm kind of over the whole process, so I've stopped posting much until I can finally have a solid order placed and can't change my mind any longer. Saw a black 997.2 gt3 driving yesterday and was reminded just how sinister and "racecar" a ground-scraping gt3 looks on the road. Can't wait for this baby.. Summer 2015 don't delay!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:03 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Thanks Sam. Good to know and worth considering. I don't live in TX anymore, but presumably somebody up here does that work too. Do you still have any photos of the interior of your TTS?
Old 06-22-2014, 03:23 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Sam. Good to know and worth considering. I don't live in TX anymore, but presumably somebody up here does that work too. Do you still have any photos of the interior of your TTS?
Unfortunately not. I took some pics when the car was new then never got to photograph the aftermarket inside yellow accents. I only had it for 2 months, so time got away from me.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:40 PM
<3mph
Drifting

No worries! Thanks again for the tip.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:50 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Hey CAlexio, I somehow missed seeing your earlier post. Good to see you back and to hear business is going well. I'm sure that whatever colour you settle on will look amazing. The white accents would be really unique and sporty. I'd consider white painted wheels if you did that, but not sure if that's available from the factory (looks like it was on the 4.0?). Good to hear you're considering PTS Mexico Blue. I'm like you, in that now that I've moved to 2015, I'm second-guessing and rethinking my options. But it's part of the enjoyment of the car to get creative and dream.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:36 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

as per seat backs:

"Thanks for your email. However, we do not offer the option to paint the seat backs. We did offer this back with the old 997 seats, but the 991 seats are a different style...and the paint on the seat backs was tested and denied because the paint was shattering the wrong way and causing possible issues with the airbags in the case of an accident. We even recommend that you don't paint them aftermarket because of this. "
Old 06-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rijowysock
as per seat backs:

"Thanks for your email. However, we do not offer the option to paint the seat backs. We did offer this back with the old 997 seats, but the 991 seats are a different style...and the paint on the seat backs was tested and denied because the paint was shattering the wrong way and causing possible issues with the airbags in the case of an accident. We even recommend that you don't paint them aftermarket because of this. "
Riley: That is a fail. Don't reveal the name of whomever wrote that to you because he/she needs to have better info before they communicates with clients. In this age of the internet, we know quite a bit via these forums. PAG in fact did offer the painted seat backs on the sport plus seats in the 991. But they stopped offering that option in the past year or so. And it might be for those reasons mentioned in the email. PAG hates to continue anything that gives them a headache with warranty issues since it often leaves a dissatisfied client and it cost them more to fix than they originally made by selling the option.

You can see that option clearly on this 'used' custom ordered MY2013 991 for sale at Porsche of Tysons Corner in Vienna, VA.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...69306285&Log=0

Seller Comments
2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S Coupe

Mahogany Metallic / Espresso Full Leather Interior

Purchased and Serviced Here at Tysons Original MSRP $136,025

Loaded with Options!

2nd and 3rd services included!

Aerokit Cup
Premium Package Plus
18 way Adaptive Seats
PASM Sport Suspension
Sport Chrono
Seat Backs Painted in Exterior Color
Natural Full Leather Interior
Burmester
Park Assist
Electric Folding Mirrors
No Sunroof

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

See also this recent thread which discussed painted setbacks on the 991:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8175...-wanted-3.html
Attached Images    

Last edited by Z356; 06-22-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Add two photos & link
Old 06-22-2014, 08:16 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Nice.. does that green machine have painted pcm. I got mine white, and was really impressed the way it turned out.. --did the slats too, and they add red stitching around the vents which was a nice surprise.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: any special options not on US config worth mentioning?