picture of your garage

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:39 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
in progress
The garage will of course be fabulous but that Mango monster is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see more pics of the garage once fully populated
Old 11-18-2016, 09:00 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Meeting with the builder tomorrow to discuss my "dream" third car garage addition which will of course have room for a lift and some other goodies I've been thinking up. I'll be able to pull this off (with the wife) by blowing out the pantry slash laundry room and giving her a proper version of each + mudroom connecting to the new garage. It's her only complaint with the house so it seems I'll have a green light! ;-)
Old 11-18-2016, 10:04 AM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666
Wow You certainly have some high end rides ,,,many of those are very collectable and are worth quite a lot these days ...........I was never a race guy back in the day was more into the Urban freestyle scene ,,,,,I could never afford a Haro freestyler back in the 80,s when they were new and just started collecting them about 7 years ago along with skateboards and other things associated with my teenage years ............

Well, I definitely couldn't afford those bikes back when I was younger either, but thanks to sponsors who supplied me with them, I was able to race them and keep them when I was done using or got picked up by another team. Its amazing what the prices are for some of them right now, but I plan on keeping them all, too many good memories. We were lucky to grow up in that generation, we actually left the house to go ride or skate, unlike the kids of today who do the riding and skating on a TV screen... LOL
Old 11-18-2016, 10:36 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Great stuff.

Just getting started on my second garage - using the back concrete tennis wall.

Poured footing the other day - all steel 12' ceiling 70 x 25.
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2016, 06:58 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Meeting with the builder tomorrow to discuss my "dream" third car garage addition which will of course have room for a lift and some other goodies I've been thinking up. I'll be able to pull this off (with the wife) by blowing out the pantry slash laundry room and giving her a proper version of each + mudroom connecting to the new garage. It's her only complaint with the house so it seems I'll have a green light! ;-)
Tony, it's amazing what we have to do to please our Queen Bee's. Anything to get the green light.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

a lift is must have item in any workshop just makes life so much easier .....

Old 11-18-2016, 09:06 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 340 Likes on 209 Posts

And a real life size stormtrooper of course...
Old 11-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Originally Posted by neanicu
And a real life size stormtrooper of course...
Private Imperial security .................. Good to talk to never complains
Old 11-19-2016, 01:40 AM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

slow process, but i got my 3k sq ft slab poured....fighting with the mud board to encroach a easement to center the pool between my house and new garage....but I will prob just give up and dig the pool closer to my new garage , because after pleading my case to these miserable board members and getting the run around, its not worth the struggle. framing starts 11/28!
Old 11-19-2016, 02:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,494 Likes on 2,274 Posts

mooty you could really turn that space into something unique and special,,lots of great epoxy floor coatings available these days ,,all sorts of retro fuel pumps neon signs and other cool things you could decorate the space with ,a good coat of paint on the walls and some Porsche dealership signs ,and what ever you are passionate about is a great theme to go with ,look forward to seeing what you do with it and love your Mango RS one of the best colors I have seen a new RS in
thx, the floor is actually done, i am one of the weird guy who love oil stains and cracks in concrete. it's been diamond polished but not dyed like my home garage.

wall will be painted. and will have wall art as well as two retired bike frames.

mezzanine to be extended so my office is upstairs. my main job is eating donuts. so it should be good up there.

one toilet room and one shower room planned.

need to put a little refrigerator for premium soda/root beer. i dont like anything else, no wine or beers for me. wont park too many cars in there. i like to have lots of empty spaces

should be done january. i hope
Old 11-19-2016, 04:28 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Mind sharing the width of that garage space? Looks comfortable. I'm hoping to get 15' wide on mine. And is it possible to have a lift like yours that is also safe for car storage? I'd love to be able to swap wheels and do basic exhaust work and still have two cars stored in this space. Doesn't look possible with the Bendpak style 4 post lifts unless im missing something.

My trusted builder came by this morning and made everything seem super easy, even the items I had concerns about. Thinks about $10k less than my first thought and already has architect coming out Monday. Hope my HOA doesn't give me a hard time.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:48 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You certainly can change wheels with bendpak 4 post, you have to buy the 1100.00 hydraulic bridge jack
Old 11-19-2016, 05:47 PM
bobaines
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is also a bridge that uses 2 bottle jacks to lift. Not sure of price but less than the hydraulic jack.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:59 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

^^ thank you guys, good to know! Solves that problem.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:07 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Originally Posted by tonymission
Mind sharing the width of that garage space? Looks comfortable. I'm hoping to get 15' wide on mine. And is it possible to have a lift like yours that is also safe for car storage? I'd love to be able to swap wheels and do basic exhaust work and still have two cars stored in this space. Doesn't look possible with the Bendpak style 4 post lifts unless im missing something.

My trusted builder came by this morning and made everything seem super easy, even the items I had concerns about. Thinks about $10k less than my first thought and already has architect coming out Monday. Hope my HOA doesn't give me a hard time.
My work shop space is 6.5 meters wide and 7.2 meters in depth and the ceiling height is 3.6 meters ,,,you could park another car under the 2 post hoist I have but I would suggest a 4 post type they just look safer and more suited for the long term storage of two cars .....I have a total of 8 garage spaces so vehicle storage is not an issue for me ,,,,,having the benefits of being able to raise my 911 up to do all the service and maintenance work is a god send just makes life easy as most service work on 911,s is done from underneath

Quick Reply: picture of your garage