Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:16 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
well, to be fair, one overheating mishap and my LS7 block will be dead too.

i'll have to be vigilant.
Your car will blow
Old 08-21-2014, 04:49 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

But just because of P shell. Everything related to it is unreliable and dies and then people leave forum. :>
Old 08-21-2014, 11:01 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ron, stop screwing with the street car can get your *** to high plains for the 12 hour wrl race Missed you guys at the MAM 15 hr as well.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 PM
goatfarmerdave
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I'm learning more about the 951,I agree the hardest part of it all seems to be resisting mods,mods,mods. When I'm learning and absorbing as much info as I can,I like to look at all the mods that guys list on the bottom. The things we have done to these cars mod wise is quite crazy on some of these cars! As I'm flying around Mosport with my barely modded car,and I'm giggling my *** off at the boost rush,I say to myself…I wonder how fast this thing can go with mods,mods,mods!Then there is the gremlin on the shoulder saying…more mods is directly proportionate to how reliable the car is going to be,or that's what I seem to hear all the time. I just moved my boost from 11psi to 14 psi and of course I am giggling more,but I'm also a little more nervous about engine failure.As I'm whipping around the track taking turns between gas to the floor and brake to the floor I wonder to myself…how can this 27 year old engine and this 4 CYLINDER car do this and keep on rocking! Then I see 350,400,450Hp ones and I say,Awesome while they last but they must be pulling the engines all the time to replace stuff.Just my thoughts for the day.Cheers.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:58 PM
hp18racer
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

PorscheDoc, the reason the street car is still on jack stands is that most of my time over the last few months went into working on the BMW (motor rebuild, trans and diff repairs, rear brakes seized, repairs and repaint to fix body damage etc from Autobahn) :O

My plan is to use the rotating assembly from the flame car and do a Darton sleeve block. Tune for E85, 20lb of boost. What could possibly go wrong this time?

It's a sickness.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 PM
hp18racer
Rennlist Member

I'm contemplating a 3.2L hybrid stroker dry sump motor for the race car after I get the motor out, fixed and back in the 928.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:35 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spence pretty much hit it, there are extremes that will give.

Closed deck would be better - an LS better still. PCA didn't expect these cars to be around this long..
Old 08-21-2014, 04:39 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hp18racer
PorscheDoc, the reason the street car is still on jack stands is that most of my time over the last few months went into working on the BMW (motor rebuild, trans and diff repairs, rear brakes seized, repairs and repaint to fix body damage etc from Autobahn) :O

My plan is to use the rotating assembly from the flame car and do a Darton sleeve block. Tune for E85, 20lb of boost. What could possibly go wrong this time?

It's a sickness.
OUch! Didn't realize you guys had so much go wrong at autobahn! The one race I missed this year.

The flame car lives on eh.....
Old 08-21-2014, 09:48 PM
hp18racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
OUch! Didn't realize you guys had so much go wrong at autobahn! The one race I missed this year.

The flame car lives on eh.....
Yep, there are parts from the Flame Car in all 3 of my 944's.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:54 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsches are not muscle cars - they are sports cars. They are hatched with a sense of designed balance - a machine that is fast, can handle, and can stop - all in proportion. Blasting off in a straight line, tires smoking, and fire shooting out the back is best left to a car with a firebird on the hood. The track is a great place for anyone with a Porsche - you get an appreciation of what a 25 year old car can do - no stability control busily pumping breaks and trying to autonomically correct your bad skills. The 50/50 balance - stability control as envisioned by the good doctor. In the turns, you eat Cayman's for breakfast and 911s for lunch.

Freshen your suspension, refresh things under the hood, plug the leaks. Map sensors with better fuel tables are fine - probably healthier. Make the car breathe a bit easier - the exhaust and the intake are usually the big horsepower items anyway. MBC and DPWG are fine - you spool quicker. Keep it at 11psi and you have one heck of a sports car that may go another 25 years. But start turning the boost **** like a hamster repeatedly pushing the button for cocaine pellets and you're finished, sooner rather than later.

You have a silent scream in your throat as you blast over the crest of the hill, smell of crankcase fumes in your nostrils, over-revving and over-boosting your 2.5L, and then out of the corner of your eye - was he in the passenger seat all along? It's Lart, cloaked in black with a hood, and holding the reaper's scythe - head thrown back and cackling like a hyena.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by odurandina
the statistics are not on our side....

it shouldn't take an engine builder with 'he works miracles man' ability just to make a decent one....

how many blown up engines on this forum? can't say it....

the statistics aren't friendly and by any reasonable meter INDICATE these engines are semi-rebuildable at best.

doesn't matter if the moderator won't allow such posts.... doesn't matter that you can't say it....

can't tell the truth [j.o.g.], even if everyone knows it IS the truth.

even if the posts get deleted and they scream, 'troll' the truth remains....

the long road to ruin hasn't happened in a vacuum. it's all documented here.

the long line of war fatigued.... divorced and dead [moment of silence]....

3.0 w/ low boost can work.... costs a fortune.

but nobody dares to test daily driving and blowing a trillion dollar 3.0 dyno queen up.

lest end up on a suicide watch.

j.o.g.... just over garbage.

it is what it is. and my sincerest condolences.

It's so sad that you are too retarded to keep a Porsche running. Go back to your tard chevy forum and STFU. You ARE a troll, and knowing it doesn't make it okay for you to do it.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:52 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
Your car will blow
Because he does.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:54 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ehall
Because he does.
Damn, Elliot He brought out the Semper Fi out of you, that was shoot to kill
Old 08-22-2014, 12:13 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
You have a silent scream in your throat as you blast over the crest of the hill, smell of crankcase fumes in your nostrils, over-revving and over-boosting your 2.5L, and then out of the corner of your eye - was he in the passenger seat all along? It's Lart, cloaked in black with a hood, and holding the reaper's scythe - head thrown back and cackling like a hyena.

im taking this.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:31 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944

im taking this.
Hahhahaha had not seen that Lart the 951 grim riper

Quick Reply: Motor #4 Comming Out