Sponsored by:

Building custom wheels - need advice on offset

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 12:45 PM
stand-alone
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building custom wheels - need advice on offset

Hey Folks - hope someone who has previously had custom wheels made will be able to lend some advice.

I'm looking to put a moden take on the "80's turbofan" look which will require a deep concave wheel, no lip design. Porsche wheels naturally are high offset, but I want to lower the offset as much as possible w/o compromising drive-ability or pushing the wheel outside the fenders.

My car is the 2009 997.2 C2, "narrow body"
Stock specs are Front = 8"wide, ET+57, Rear = 11" wide, ET+67
A "wide-body" stock spec is 11", ET+51 Rear

1- Can anyone confirm that running "wide-body" rear wheels (11"ET+51) will not have clearance issues? I've seen before that they will work, but best to have a 2nd opinion..

2-Wheels I'm looking to build - 9"x19" front (ET57) and 11.5"or12" x 19" rear, ET+51
Tires I plan to run:
235 or 245/35 R19 up front
295/30/R19 or 305/30/R19 out back (but I've also been told a 285/35/R19 will give me what I want and help prevent rubbing)

Do I stand to gain more concaveness on the face of the wheel if I go with a 11.5" or 12" wide wheel over the standard 11"?

I'm on coilovers too, so I plan to get the wheel very close to the fender, which is also why I do not want the wheel sticking past the fender based on offset.

These are a wheel for the street, so I am not concerned about weight being more than stock, etc. I would like to stay on topic about the measurements.

Thank you everyone

Quick Reply: Building custom wheels - need advice on offset