Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any Rim Manufacturer's that will make a Rim to YOUR SPECIFICATION?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 07:22 PM
The New 911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are there any Rim Manufacturer's that will make a Rim to YOUR SPECIFICATION?

What I'm looking for is a Manufacturer that will run the G Code I have written and make the Cut Out's into Wheels? I don't mind any specific corrections or additions to the code depending on or due to specific milling machines.

What I want to do is use a 3D Capturing Camera to Capture the exact dimensions of the old 993 Turbo Twist Wheel. Transfer the file to CAD/CAM Software, for all I know the 3D System might use a CAD/CAM file format. I don't know and have not gotten that far yet but for some reason it would make sense if the 3D System would Capture then write the file in such a format.

I want to "Up Size" the Old Twist Wheel to a modern 20 inch size with some tweaking here and there. For instance being so large the thinner part of the smaller original twist wheel's Spoke would not translate well when it is 20 inches in Diameter! Would have to make the spokes just slightly thinner.

I have only found one wheel that looks somewhat close and is tall enough to work but it still doesn't say "Hey Man I am a 20 inch Porsche Turbo Twist Wheel" that wheel is MHT's Mono Tec's T10 Wheel. Though the T10 looks **** on a 991 Black Turbo. MHT also makes a Version called the "Scope" which has a slight twist and happens to also be Black but all of the material is completely flat on the face of the wheel and is roughly ~3/8" thick alloy. That wheel contours in from the Wheel's Lip toward the Center Lug and also has a twist too but it doesn't represent what Porsche created back in the 90s.

Like Porsche Exclusive remaking the Fuchs wheels a few years ago, one would think that they would have Up Sized the 993 Turbo's Twist Wheel by now. For me and our era of Porsche's this wheel is as Classic and Timeless as the Fuch's Wheel.

Thank you for your time.

Quick Reply: Are there any Rim Manufacturer's that will make a Rim to YOUR SPECIFICATION?