Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yokohama Advan Sport A/S tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:50 AM
RSQ911
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi everyone- I needed to replace the tires on my 996, and I was looking for an all season tire, but with the performance aspects to match my 99. The po of my car had Michelin super sports on there, which is the go to tire. But with the Midwest's freezing and cold weather, i needed a tire for that. I chose the Yokohama's. I have used the brand before, but not this tire. It has a 97y rating, and all season. I am not too worried about the snow aspects, but the compound for cold weather with a little more longevity than the michelins would be nice. Well, I have about 1500 miles on them, with rain time, and I am impressed! They feel lighter and very responsive. The sidewalls seem solid with no give. The Michelins, in comparison, seem slightly stickier, but feel like they have to be pulled, where as the Yokohamas feel like they are with each maneuver as it happens, with a lightness. In the rain, I feel no loss of traction, no hydro planning, and very comfortable. So far, so good. I have not pushed them to find a breaking point, yet, and for the price, can't beat them.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:10 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:44 AM
RSQ911
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Update. With the cold weather (20's-30's), and more miles on the new set up, huge difference over the super sports. These tires are fantastic. Could not be happier!

Quick Reply: Yokohama Advan Sport A/S tires