Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does lowering a car affect wheel/fender gap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 04:55 AM
HOiYA
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently ordered a set of wheels and when the wheels were spec'd out, I told the shop that I will be planning on installing a lowering module on my Cayenne. So I installed the wheels earlier this week and feel the wheels could be pushed out a little further so it is flush.

This leads me to my question, how does lowering the car affect the space from the wheel to the inner fender (flushness)? I assume it's suppose to reduce it? I've tried wrapping my head around this, but can't seem to understand how that would work. Is it just a visual trick or is there something more to it?

TIA.

Last edited by HOiYA; 03-14-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:25 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you feel the wheels could be more flush with the fenderline, then the offset of the wheels you bought should have been lower, the wheel wider (or both), or a spacer needs to be added to what you have. Lowering will reduce the gap from the top of the tire to the top of the fender well by the amount of distance the spring (or module) lists.

A combination of the lowering module, and probably spacers, is the answer to what it sounds like you are looking for. Call me if I can help further

Quick Reply: How does lowering a car affect wheel/fender gap?