Sponsored by:

Enkei NT03 - weird conversation with a vendor

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 06:12 PM
redmill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enkei NT03 - weird conversation with a vendor

I saw an ad for new enkei NT-03, 8.5 and 10" , 18s in the 5x130 bolt pattern with the right offsets (same as my other 2 sets). Seems to be a large seller, catering mostly to subaru (ie, wasnt tire rack, price was a bit better)

Here is the ad....
• Free Shipping! (Not Including Alaska & Hawaii)
• Special Porsche fitment
• (2) 18x8.5" +50 offset front wheels
• (2) 18x10.5" +60 offset rear wheels
• Enkei's suggested staggered setup for Porsches looking for more rear tire
• Color: Silver
• 5x130 bolt pattern
• Approximately 20 lbs. each
• Includes center caps & valve stems

Seems good, so i call for availability, then it gets weird. Actually i need 10" for the rears, so i figure "cool, even cheaper".

The sales person at this site tells me.. "that isnt the price.. a bit of a mixup", she checked with enkei and then gives me this (verbatim)

Well, unfortunately for some reason these NT03+M wheels that are for the Porsche fitment have special part numbers and special prices (meaning much higher than other similar NT03+M wheels that do not have the extra “PO” letterings in them). I had to email Enkei to make sure that was the case and indeed they are that much more.

the next mail after i questioned the above , since they were 5x130 and mentioned porsche was :

I just got off the phone with Enkei as I am wondering the same. The answer that I got is that they are specifically made for the Porsche and they cost more from Japan as they had to go through extra testing to be labeled for the Porsche. Hence the special “PO” in the part number.

Im befuddled, ad says porsche... 5x130 seems pretty much a porsche size. and the part numbers are basically the same (including the PO) as other websites. they probably are 99.9% catering to non porsche and may be out of their comfort zone.

any merit to the 'special testing claims'...... seems goofy to me that there are 5x130 wheels out there that arent porsche fitment.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:03 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

I've bought and used Nt03s and don't recall paying a premium for them. They're a very good value for money 1 piece wheel.

Quick Reply: Enkei NT03 - weird conversation with a vendor