Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli Sottozero Serie II tires suck.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 12:15 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Pirelli Sottozero Serie II tires suck.....

...in the snow.

I put a set on my C4S and got to try them out this past week with the storms in the Northeast. I usually drive the Pig when it is really gnarly out, but I was going to be out of town and needed to leave it behind for the wife. Coming home from the airport, the car was sliding around a surprising degree. Roads were generally clear but snow packed. Light throttle pulling away from lights had the car yawing sideways as it searched for grip. Low speed and sorta fun (till PSM kills the party), but not confidence inspiring either, making me wonder how these tires will perform when I really need them. I have been driving in the snow for 25 years, so this is not my first go-round with snow tires. More specifically, I drove my 996TT year-round in Colorado in every sort of storm without exception. Fitted with Blizzak LM-22s, it was an absolute Panzer. The C4S with Sottozeroes, not so much.

I will say that the Pirelli Sottozero Serie II are a comfortable and grippy tire on cold dry roads. Obviously they are better in the snow than summer and "no-season" tires, but I think they are more "cold weather" winter tires and not "snow" winter tires. If you expect to use your tires snow regularly, look elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Sottozero Serie II tires suck.....