Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 PM
gt2r
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUPS

I am looking to replace my Michelin Pilot Sport cups on my Gen 1 GT3
The original front tires are 235/35/19---rears are 303/30/19

Has anyone tried to go up a size to245/35/19 on the front and 325/30/19 on the rear.

The tires look like they should fit but I don't want to buy them unless I know they won't rub on the front or rear.

Has anyone tried this combo?

Thanks for the help
Old 03-25-2013, 04:55 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

pretty sure the 245's will be fine. I've never tried it but am confident enough that I will the next time I buy tires. The 325's may be too much. 315's would probably be the max. w/o mods.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:43 AM
Peter Carroll/Toronto
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Make sure you don't put too much tire on the rim. The PSC is sticky and the handling will get sloppy if there's too much tire for the rim. Better to run a narrower tire on a wider rim. A narrower tire on a wider rim may actually be faster than stuffing a fatter tire on the same rim.

Also... The 245 will be slightly taller than the 235. This will raise the nose and affect aero and center of gravity a bit. Also not sure how the GT3 ABS computer reacts to mismatched diameter F/R. Better stay with the same ratio there.

Have you read this? It's a bit old now but has a ton of good specific info re the sport cups.

http://www.driversmeeting.com/pmc/Pi...esentation.pdf

I assume you also know there are two versions of the PSC? The original is a track tire that one has to treat with respect in the rain. The other (19 I think) is more of a street tire with extra rain grooves. Ideally, you want the one with less grooves.

Here is old versus new:

Quick Reply: MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUPS