Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there aftermarket 993 Turbo Twist for NB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts
Default Is there aftermarket 993 Turbo Twist for NB?

I read a few search threads and came away a bit confused. Front should be OK because WB and NB cars use the same wheel, but for rear some remarked that NB cannot use WB rear twists and some claimed they were able to do so w/o rubbing fenders.

I don't want to do any fender shaving...

Looking at a car w/ cup wheels and want to switch to twists. Read a few threads w/ twists for 993 NB but they seem very few and and far in between.

Pardon the complete lack of knowledge on wheels/tires but please see link below:

http://www.midwestwheelandtire.com/s...=911&year=1996

Which ones would fit NB, especially the rear?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:20 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That site is pretty poor on information and specifics. From the pricing it looks like these are reconditioned factory Twists, but unclear if hollow or solid, wide body or narrow body fitments. For NB 993, the factory rear spec is 18x10 ET65 and wheels come in both hollow and solid versions.

Yes there are aftermarket manufacturers of the Twist (as well as MY02 five spoke) wheels, but only in solid versions. The better ones I have seen are from a manufacturer in Italy and were advertised on eBay for about $900-1100 a set. A few Rennlisters have purchased them in the past and overall reviews were positive.

Quick Reply: Is there aftermarket 993 Turbo Twist for NB?