Sponsored by:

Wheel swap ???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 12:07 PM
adamsbomb
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Wheel swap ???????

I have a 76 911, it has been converted to a wide body. Currently it has 930 fuchs in white with polished spokes. I like the look of the late model turbo twist rims, but the offset has me troubled. Do you have to use adapters for these to fit and look right. Obviously the fuchs have deep offsets, and it looks as though the late models bolt up at the very outer edge of the fenders. Any help is appreciated, and anyone interested in a trade?
Old 11-19-2002, 02:17 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Piece of cake! Just get some rear spacers and longer studs from a 930 and put them on your car. You'll just need them both front & rear as opposed to rear-only on the 930. These are all genuine Porsche parts used the way Porsche designed them.

I'd avoid the hub-adaptors that bolt onto your existing studs and provide a second set of their own. They weigh about 2-3x more than the 930 spacers and they also have a second set of lug-nuts that's hidden and can't be checked when the wheels are installed (scary). Also the load path takes a serpentine route through that assembly as opposed a straight path with longer studs and spacers.

Here's some basic info on bolted assemblies: <a href="http://www.boltscience.com/pages/basics4.htm" target="_blank">Bolt Science - Tutorial</a>

Quick Reply: Wheel swap ???????