<strong>

The Sumitomos or the Yokohamas?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Sumitomos.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:14 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by chris luckett:
<strong>Anyone have any comments or experience with this tire? Seems to be pretty soft/sticky by the treadwear specs, and its pretty cheap also.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I went through about 3 sets on my Infiniti G20 before I got fed up with them. I had problems with them wearing at the edges. I've since switched to Yokohamas and the odd wear went away. You may have a different experience with the wear since the G20 is FWD.

That said, I drive on them at the SE-R national convention DE last year and they make a pretty good track tire for a road tire. They were very predictable with decent grip. They didn't do anything badly on the track. In fact, they actually had a bit of that grainy surface that you usually find on a race tire.

I also found them quite unimpressive in the rain, despite the aggressive looking tread pattern.

I'm currently running on Yokohama Paradas. The v2 of these tires is getting some good review and they are a pretty good rain tire, at least on the G20. On my Sentra SE-R I had Yokohama A520s before taking that car off the road. I found the A520 to be the most impressive road tire I've driven on (but a bit loud). They were far and away the best rain tires I've driven on. In the dry they were pretty impressive as well.

But again, these are on FWD cars, so YMMV.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:42 PM
yoyoguy2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've had excellent experience with both the sumitomo htr z (245/45/17 on my 951) and the yokohama AVS intermediate, which is a killer deal at tire rack right now. if it were up to me i'd probably get the yokos for the price, though either would be great. i think the avs has stiffer noticably stiffer sidewalls, but both hold the road great wet and dry. don't know about treadwear really...

Quick Reply: Sumitomo HTZR