Sponsored by:

2002 C4S Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 03:53 PM
Dave P
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2002 C4S Wheels

My wanted to order High Gloss Turbo Look wheels as an option with my new C4S order, however they are not offered by Porsche as an option on the C4S or the Turbo. My salesman said that there is an issue with the heat generated by the brake pads and that is why they are not available!?

Do any of you know about whether I can put high gloss wheels on this car without damaging the rims or the brakes? Aftermarket Sources?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-17-2002, 06:38 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
To each his own I guess but for the life of me I don't know why anyone would want such gaudy rims on a Porsche... and even if you do, why would you want such HEAVY wheels? The turbo look high gloss wheels are 5# per wheel heavier and the difference in handling, acceleration and ride are very noticeable.

If you want something shiny, but that also looks racy, and is very light in weight, why not some Fikse or Kinesis 3-piece wheels? At this point what's a few thousand more
Old 04-17-2002, 07:14 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tom,

The new C4S wheels (Turbo Look II) aren't light either. They are the solid spoke version of the Turbo wheels (Turbo II). In fact, I suspect that the rears are even heavier than the old polished Turbo Look I since they are 1" wider.

Dave,

Your salesman is full of it. The only reason they don't offer the polished Turbo Look I wheel on the C4S is because they don't come in 11" rear size. However, you can get them in the aftermarket and use the 10" with a spacer if you really want them.

<a href="http://www.us.porsche.com/national/models/911teq/wheels/table.htm" target="_blank">Tequipment - Available Porsche Wheels</a>

Old 04-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Dave P
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,
Thanks for your responses. I certainly don't want to add any additional weight, nor negatively impact performance. I appreciate your explanation Viken! It certainly makes far more sense than the one I got at the dealership!

I suspect that after I have been in the car awhile, I will be looking for different wheel options based on experience and exposure to what other p-philes are using with success. Again, great thanks from the newbie!

Quick Reply: 2002 C4S Wheels