Sponsored by:

Recommend Your Favorite Custom Wheel Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommend Your Favorite Custom Wheel Manufacturer

I'm on a patient hunt for the perfect wheel for my '91 964 C4. The only near OEM wheel that I'm interested in is the short lived (rare), as I'm quickly discovering, Mille Miglia 18" Cup 2 replica.

Secondarily, maybe some Volk TE37 or OZ's look good.

Other than that, I think I'm destined for some sort of custom wheel. Is there a consolidated list of custom wheel manufacturers? Can you recommend your favorite? A few that I'm aware of are CCW, Rotiform, and ADV.1. I like what I've seen from Rotiform's website. I really like the wheel styles that were hot in the '90s, which is the reason I'm having somewhat of a tough time at this.

Thanks ahead of time for any answers you can provide.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

I have stock, CCW, BBS and Champion. I think they are all great, but the CCWs are the best bang for the buck. The Champions are amazingly light too.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNvgtr
I'm on a patient hunt for the perfect wheel for my '91 964 C4. The only near OEM wheel that I'm interested in is the short lived (rare), as I'm quickly discovering, Mille Miglia 18" Cup 2 replica.

Secondarily, maybe some Volk TE37 or OZ's look good.

Other than that, I think I'm destined for some sort of custom wheel. Is there a consolidated list of custom wheel manufacturers? Can you recommend your favorite? A few that I'm aware of are CCW, Rotiform, and ADV.1. I like what I've seen from Rotiform's website. I really like the wheel styles that were hot in the '90s, which is the reason I'm having somewhat of a tough time at this.

Thanks ahead of time for any answers you can provide.
Forgeline
Old 03-27-2012, 01:53 AM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well thank you for your replies. However, I've gone a completely different direction. I've stumbled upon a wallet-busting sweet setup. It's a TechArt/OZ Mito. I was looking for something unusual and "period" and think I've found it.

Below is a shot of the exact wheels before undergoing a rebuild to narrow body exact fitment, approx 18x8.5 front and 18x9.75 rear. More to come, but it'll be a while.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have Modualares, and love them. I have the M11 in the factory size. The rear has a good size lip. You can customize the wheels to your liking.

http://www.modularewheels.com/index.php

Quick Reply: Recommend Your Favorite Custom Wheel Manufacturer