Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I fit 235/45/17 or 245/45/17 on the front of my Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 06:12 PM
EZ Ed
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have quite a few options as to "LOOKS", and yes your selection on a Carrera 2 will fit on 16inch rims 225/50 in front. The rear will not fit! Unless you roll your rear fender. I know this to be fact. With a rolled fended the rear will fit. This tire combo will bring your stock top peed down by about 15 mph ~ thats allot of 'time'loss (In every gear). As for stability it does not do Di_ _. Handling ~ it will make your Carrera feel slugish. If you are finding that your 205 fronts are sliding into turns ~ just get your foot off the brake and they will stick more than just fine. If you dont want to roll the fenders go 245 on rear ~ If your looking for a stocky look ~ just lower via springs.
Old 01-23-2002, 06:36 PM
EZ Ed
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We learn in racing (especially open wheel) that tires expand and change shape diagonally and in circumference. A tire is designed in a way to help keep the flat spot / or consistent shape is the area that touches the ground. The rest of the tire changes shape –up – down – in – out depending on many factors ~ especially speed. An exaggerated example would be a balloon. If a balloon was in a fixed rim and you applied pressure to the bottom (road contact) the top will expand up and out. On a turn or at high speed this will create a very large problem in both handling and tire integrity. Do not stuff fit the wheel-well in a Porsche.

Quick Reply: Can I fit 235/45/17 or 245/45/17 on the front of my Carrera