Post Bridgestone SO3 Pole Positions

Anyone using the new Bridgestone SO3 Pole
Positions? Comments?
Old 07-02-2001, 11:32 PM
Steve in SLO
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have about 1500 miles on a set on my '97 C2S, and I really like them: They are quieter and more comfy than the S-02 non-PP's. Initially, I thought they were a bit squirmy, but I think that was just the "new" wearing off. They grip well, and have a bit more noise at the limit than the S-02's, which I like(more feedback)--not squealing, mind you, just a low-pitched howl. The 220 treadwear vs 140 for the S-02's is really nice since these things cost an arm and a leg. All my experience is in the dry.
Hope this helps...
Old 07-03-2001, 07:04 PM
Mike Schuster
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Tirerack's test of the 225/45R17 size, the Potenza S-03 Pole Position did better than the Michelin Pilot Sport and the Pirelli PZero Rosso Assimetrico in almost all of the test categories. See the review here
www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testResultsModel.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+S-03+Pole+Position
Old 07-06-2001, 09:32 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike,

Thanks for posting the Tire Rack link. I'm truly impressed, and surprised by their findings.

Historically, significant increases in treadwear usually result from stiffer rubber, which has a negative impact on dry handling, lap times, etc.

There must be some interesting technology at work in the S-3, if the Tire Rack results are accurate. My S-02s are outstanding in the rain, so I'm not surprised to see high marks for the wet handling capabilities of the S-03.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone SO3 Pole Positions