Sponsored by:

Tire and Rim Protection Package

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Tire and Rim Protection Package

Just bought a 2010 A4Q sport(18")/prem+/B&O for my kid. I swapped out the summer tires for Bridgestone RE960 A/S's (non run flats). I've been shoppping around for a good tire/rim protection package - most now have no cosmetic coverage and the prices have gone way up (I paid $600 for a 5 year package for my TTR s-line with 19" wheels/rims including cosmetics 2 years ago.) Now, the dealership is asking $895 for 5 years without cosmetics. Anyone have any luck with any products out there. Is it worth even doing it. The Bridgestones are around $200/tire. I did find a 5 year package from Zurich for $595, but there is a $1500 max coverage payment over the 5 years and no cosmetics. Never had one of these packages for my Porsche, but drove it so little, it was immaterial. Anyway, I'd appreciate your experience or suggestions.

Thanks!!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:52 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

I was offered one of these packages for the 2011 Panamera 4 I just picked up. I forget exactly, but it was around $800 for 5 years, but it included cosmetics. I passed anyway. Not worth it to me. If it is to you, you can likely do better than what you were offered.

Quick Reply: Tire and Rim Protection Package