Wheel company new to the USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Hydyne Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel company new to the USA

Hello all,

I want to indroduce my company, Hydyne Motorsport, and myself. We are a small company based in Spain making inroads into the US market. Currently we specialize in making wheels for F1 and DTM, but we are expanding into the street car wheel market, specializing in custom one off wheels.

The term custom has become extremely common and has lost all meaning. Right now custom means anything from a cast wheel that is made in the hundreds of thousands but happens to not be OEM, to a wheel that is made in smaller numbers but happens to have a color specified by the customer. Now there is certainly nothing wrong with any of those types of wheels, but the true custom one off has been bunched into that category.

Some of our wheels do fit into that category as they are produced in series, although we limit model runs to a maximum of 100 sets or less. Some wheels we manufacture to the customers specifications and produce one set, after which the model is not reproduced any more, period. Not one set for a BMW, and one set for a Porsche, just one set. Naturally this comes at a price.

Our wheels all start as forged blanks, and we do 2, and 3 piece as well as monoblock wheels. Naturally the finish is also custom as we don't finish the wheel until it is purchased. Here are a few examples of things we have done for customers, and a couple that we have build just one of to showcase but haven't made for anyone yet.

We are currently working on bringing to market a 17 inch wheel for the Boxster spec series specifically designed and made for the Boxster. I will post on the Boxster section about that.

Thank you for reading!

Manuel Scettri
Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Welcome to Rennlist. There are a bunch of us looking for centerlock wheels to fit the 2010 GTr and RS!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Hydyne Motorsport
Former Vendor

Hello Bob,

Well we can certainly accomodate the needs of those of you looking for center lock wheels. Heres a sample of one we have already done...

We can do the standard size, or larger. If you're interested in a custom design just for yourself we can do that, or if 10 people decide on a design then the price goes down considerably to a more normal market price.

Manuel
Old 01-20-2010, 09:55 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello and welcome! I personally like the classic look of the last picture you posted. Any more info on that style? Please keep us posted with updates as to sizing as well as ball park pricing. Do you have a website?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Hydyne Motorsport
Former Vendor

That last style I posted was actually designed to accept a carbon fiber disc cover which covers the large openings and leaves the openings on the spokes open. As you can see the openings on the spokes are at an angle to evacuate air from the brakes. We actually design wheels to be machined on a 5 axis CNC machine where most wheels are machined with a 3 axis. The 5 axis allows for more complicated designs to be made.

As our wheels are all custom designed to order prices vary depending on 2/3 piece, or monoblock, and on how many are ordered for a particular design. If you want a completely exclusive design just for yourself that nobody else will have then that will be considerably more expensive than a design we will make 10 or more sets of. Our website is www.hydynemotorsport.com although it is being overhauled right now.

Thanks for the welcome!
Manuel Scettri

Quick Reply: Wheel company new to the USA