Sponsored by:

Nokian Hakkapeliitta R ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Stan944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nokian Hakkapeliitta R ??

I'd like to buy these tires for winter, but it's a new model for 2008, and I can't google out any reviews, except for manufacturer's description. I was also considering Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi, which many consider the best studless winter tire. Anybody has an opinion on how these two models compare?
Also, most winter tires (supposedly except Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi) have only 50% of the tread made of soft winter compound, while the remaining 50% is regular all-season compound - this is NOT a good deal. I wonder how is it with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R?
thanks.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
rollburg
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I have gathered, when Nokian can improve a tire 10% overall, they will release the next generation tire. That is what the Hakkapeliitta R is for the RSi. I know they are using the cool silica compound with canola oil, none of that multi-cell compound crap. Here is a great feature/benefit description I found:

http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-7147-nok...eliitta-r.aspx

There are not many reviews because it is new to the market. Most people haven't even heard of Nokian, but if you have, you know they are awesome in the snow, slush and ice.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Stan944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks. I've noticed this is your first post. Welcome to Rennlist.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
rollburg
2nd Gear

Thank you for the welcome! I stumbled across an awesome promo video for the Hakka R. I have no idea where I saw it. If I find it I will post it for you.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:00 AM
superg
1st Gear

Hi Stan.

If the Nokian R is the replacement for RSI, just buy it. I`m using Nokian RSI for both my cars, and this is the best snow tire I have ever used. As you probably know, in Norway were I live theres winter almost 6 months a year.

SuperG
1995 polar silver
993/C4 all stock.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Jere
Intermediate

I have to agree with superg. I drove my 968 for -07-08 winter (about 15000km's) with RSi and now I've tested that new R on MB C-klasse 270 CDi stationwagon. super tires, can recommend without a doubt.

Right now the rear RSi's are good just for marking the corners and junctions "Porsche was here" -style... :murnout:
Old 05-19-2009, 04:06 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I went to Camp4 last February in Finland and guess what tires were fitted on the 911 4S we had to drive at the arctic circle???? Indeed, the very same, so I guess if its good enough for them it should be for us...
Old 09-28-2011, 02:02 PM
PorscheCayennes
2nd Gear

Default Nokian Tires

Hey everyone, i saw this thread and it intrigued me. I'm also in the market for some Nokian tires for my Cayenne Turbo.

I know it's a little early for most people to be thinking winter, but where i live the winters are relentless...so i always need to be ready 2 months in advance.

Anyway, the tires i'm trying to choose between are the Nokian WR-G2:
http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8982-nok...-g2-tires.aspx
And the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R tires:
http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8972-nok...a-r-tires.aspx

They both seem like really good tires but i'm at a loss as to which one i should get. If anyone has had any experience driving these tires on a Cayenne or another similar SUV please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks all!

Quick Reply: Nokian Hakkapeliitta R ??