Sponsored by:

Flipping Nitto NT01

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Ken7258
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flipping Nitto NT01

The road tracks I drive on kill the outer edge of the left front . Since the NT01 is not a UNi directional tire,why not just mount the wheels to the opposite side during a DE. The left outer would now be the right outer. This edge takes the least beating. The inside edge of my rears wear the most, so I'd have to remount them to get the inner edges to be the outer edges.

Do you think it would cause a handling problem if the tires pattern weren't running the same direction. This would happen if I swapped front wheels and did nothing with the rears. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Wconley
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We do this all the time with the Toyo RA-1 even though it is uni-directional. I've not used the NT01 (yet) but with the RA-1 it's fine and it will almost double the useful life of the tires. With the RA-1 I've found you have to do this before the outside shoulder gets too thin or you will still develop blisters on that edge before you run out of tread on the other shoulder. You might expect a little performance degredation due to the normally outside wider treadblock being now on the inside.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:17 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

I called Nitto, and they said it would be no problem. I flipped mine, but won't test them on the track for another few weeks.

Quick Reply: Flipping Nitto NT01