Sponsored by:

Michelin Lattitude Tour HP N0 19" for Cayenne 06' S

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Bgoldey
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Michelin Lattitude Tour HP N0 19" for Cayenne 06' S

I posted this over on the Cayenne Forum but I was hoping a "Tire expert" or someone with a contact deep inside Porsche or Michelin could provide some help.

The latest Porsche Technical Bulletin for Approved Tires 04/07 says the Michelin Lattitude Tour HP N0 275/45 R19 108V M+S is an approved fitment for a base Cayenne or Cayenne S but not a Turbo Cayenne, Turbo Cayenne S, or Turbo Cayenne with E81 (page 3 of 13 note 7).

Michelin says the Michelin Lattitude Tour HP N0 275/45 R19 108V M+S is only approved for the base Cayenne (Michelinman.com, numerous other Michelin sources).

I have spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with Porsche and Michelin and quite honestly nobody I have spoken with has the level of expertise required to address the issue. E-mails to both Porsche and Michelin have so far been unanswered.

I am interested in the Lattitude Tour HP not the Lattitude Sport, mainly due to the wear rating of 440 vs 220. I use my Cayenne S to schelp the family around. The 993 is driven when I want to go fast.

I have used non "N" rated tires in the past on other Porsches and have regretted it. It appears that either the Porsche Technical Bulletin or Michelin technical guidance is incorrect.

Any contact or insight would be appreciated.

Thx
Old 10-18-2007, 11:39 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll see what I can dig up.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damon, I had a similar question about the Dunlop Grandtek. Porsche says the 18 is on the approved list, but doesn't say its a Run Flat. However, the only one I can find is a Run Flat!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Bgoldey
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

After close to a month I never heard from anyone. Never heard from Michelin, Porsche, or the PCA Tech committee. What great customer service!!! Anyhow, figured the Porsche approved tire list was enough and purchased the Lattitude Tour HPs from Discount Tire. Nice ride and quiet. Will report back on wear.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:26 PM
993-C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgoldey
After close to a month I never heard from anyone. Never heard from Michelin, Porsche, or the PCA Tech committee. What great customer service!!! Anyhow, figured the Porsche approved tire list was enough and purchased the Lattitude Tour HPs from Discount Tire. Nice ride and quiet. Will report back on wear.
Reviving an old thread. I'm looking for new tires for my wife's Cayenne. We run 17's in the winter (but still use an all season) What were your thoughts on the Lattitude?

Quick Reply: Michelin Lattitude Tour HP N0 19" for Cayenne 06' S