Sponsored by:

Anyone tried Falken 452s?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
willik01
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried Falken 452s?

I'm a newbie to Porsche and Rennlist. We got a 1998 C4 cab about a year ago and have since trashed the S02s. I've decided to take advantage of the situation and got some turbo twists (hollow) from a fellow rennlister. Now the question is what to put on the new wheels.

I was thinking of going for the Michilen PS2s but I've spent my wad on the new wheels so I was looking for cheaper alternatives. My tire guy says the Falkens are no Michelins but are pretty good for street and track and at 40% of the cost a much better deal. Problem is, I can't find info from people who've had them on Porsches and nothing comparing higher end tires to the Falkens, just comparisons to hankook and Yokohama.

Anyone tried these or have suggestions?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
rgrimm
Instructor

Can't be of direct help, but I do run Falken 512s on my Nissan Maxima. The optional 17s take a fairly uncommon size, which is how I originally came to look at them.

They rate nearly as well as Pilots, but at a fraction of the price. Good ride quality and traction in dry, wet and snow (okay, snow drops off quite a bit when the tread depth gets down to replacement time). I get about 30000 miles per set (just put on my second) and I am pretty spirited with them.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:14 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Had them on my VW R32, they worked well and looked very exotic. The sidewall rim protector is a bit overexaggerated (sp?) making it look different. I was happy with them

Quick Reply: Anyone tried Falken 452s?