Sponsored by:

Opinions on these wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Kolshak
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on these wheels

Anyone had an experience either of these wheels or Ebay sellers?
I will probably end up splurging & getting a set of set of Fiske profile 5's but for the price I like both of these. The Rugers have a nice lip in the back but I've never heard of them. A set of 18 inch Rugers would be under $2,000 shipped.
Thanks for opinions

Ruger wheels
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-RS...QQcmdZViewItem

Victor equipment
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-To...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 106 Posts

I think I would check the weight and construction first. Neither ad mentions if it's a 'forged' wheel which tells me they are not light by any means in those sizes. Nothing ruins a car more than heavy wheels. Personally I would stick to a better known company familiar to more Porsche owners like Fiske, BBS, CCW, just to name a few.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Kolshak
Racer

I agree about quality wheels but haven't found any OEM I really like. I have traded emails with a couple people who have both sets mentioned above and like them. Weight is 24 to 29 pounds for 19 inch, so not too heavy. I am still looking for fikse profile or fm 5's but for the price these are tempting.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolshak
I agree about quality wheels but haven't found any OEM I really like. I have traded emails with a couple people who have both sets mentioned above and like them. Weight is 24 to 29 pounds for 19 inch, so not too heavy. I am still looking for fikse profile or fm 5's but for the price these are tempting.
If you like the 5-spoke look check out Rennworx - very light (about 20 lbs each) - they are forged and a the manufacturer has a good rep...but they are about 2x cost what you're looking at. www.rennworx.com
Old 03-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Kolshak
Racer

For the same $ I'd do the rennworx wheel in a second, but for the same price I rather do Fikse 5's.

Quick Reply: Opinions on these wheels