Sponsored by:

Greetings from The TireRack

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Greetings from The TireRack

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Damon and I have been asked by Rennlist to help moderate the forumn. As you can see The TireRack just picked up a sponsorship here and we are honored that you'll have us.. Many of you may know me from the "other Porsche board" and I hang out there as well. If I can be of any assistance to anyone here, please let me know. I'd be glad to help. If you place an order from our websight, please make sure to place my name in the contact box at the end of the order so I can help if there are any problems.

See you around!

Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 PM
gregg911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never purchased tires fromTire Rack and wanted to know if I did, how the process takes place. Do I have the tires shipped to an installer and then arrange for installation or does Tire Rack setup the installation?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gregg,

I can answer...I'm a repeat Tire Rack customer. If you check their web site, they can direct you to authorized tire installers in your area. Then, when you order your tires, you can have them shipped to the installer directly...drop by and get things mounted up. I've done it a number of times and been very pleased. Products, pricing and customer service area all very good with Tire Rack.

The additional thing when I chose my installer was to check out the Hunter site to determine if the recommended site had the right mounting equipment...I was rather nervous about someone using junky equipment that would damage my wheels.

Like I said, I've been a repeat customer of Tire Rack many times using this arrangement - couldn't be happier.

Rick
Old 04-12-2006, 10:46 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Whats up Damon? Welcome.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Damon! I'll vouch for Tirerack. When I've used them the tires always arrive on my doorstep within ~2 days, and it's a very hassle free process. It's also nice that they offer services to help find a local installer. Keep up the great work guys!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:13 PM
James-man
Race Car

I've ordered from the tire rack a couple of times. Very happy with the process, selection, and pricing - particularly in comparison to the 'round the corner tire stores!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:20 PM
C4Russ
Burning Brakes

Hello,

Just bought tires from the TireRack, shipped them to an authorized installer who was beyond helpful. The installer was obviously a tire retailer and had nothing but postive things to say about their association with TireRack.

The installer did a nice job, greeted me kindly and did the work timely and was great to deal with.

Kudos to the TireRack for developing good working relationships.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In almost every instance the around the corner tire shop can match Tire Rack's price, not the price they show, but the price you are going to pay by the time you add in shipping and mounting (since no one is mounting tires from another supplier for free, or if they are, they are morons).

In some cases the local guy is actually cheaper, even after you add tax. Further, TR cant handle your warranty claims nearly as easily as the guy down the corner.

All of that said; TR has a nice business model and they are very professional as well as very good at what they do. I dont know of many unhappy customers.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:23 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt H
In almost every instance the around the corner tire shop can match Tire Rack's price, not the price they show, but the price you are going to pay by the time you add in shipping and mounting (since no one is mounting tires from another supplier for free, or if they are, they are morons).

In some cases the local guy is actually cheaper, even after you add tax. Further, TR cant handle your warranty claims nearly as easily as the guy down the corner.

All of that said; TR has a nice business model and they are very professional as well as very good at what they do. I dont know of many unhappy customers.
Most of my customers would rather buy from us because the local guys haven't tested anything and don't know their needs - they just want to sell them whatever is in stock. I hear far more reports like this than "My local guy will match your price". Sometimes we can't be beat, especially lately with the incresed shipping rates. But most of the time even with shipping we are still cheaper. We always encourage someone to shop for the best deal.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:38 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 466 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome Damon.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:22 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Welcome Damon. I'm a repeat customer of tire rack, and I'll give you a call when I'm replacing my rear tires, Dunlop Sport SP9090s. Are the 285x30x18s still on back order
Old 04-16-2006, 10:15 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Damon,

Glad you guys are on board. Now for some quotes and availabilities on Michellins, Dunlop, BF Gooddrige etc...

What is your price on a set of 235/ 45 / 18 and a set of 305 / 30 / 18? Aspect ratio may varies a bit but section width must be as noted. Fronts are 8in. and rears are 11in.

Thank you,

Duke
Old 04-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Richard C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Damon,

What's the scoop on the new Bridgestone RE-01R tires? Are they quasi- DOT R compound tires? They look somewhat similar to the BFG KDs. How would they compare to the RE-050 Pole Positions? Or, to the Pilot Sport PS2s?

I'm presently running 16 inch S-03s on my 911SC. I have a set of 17 inch wheels on the way and will be ordering 225/45-17s and 255/40-17s. I know that the RE-01R isn't avail in the 255 size, but a 245/40 would be okay.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:21 PM
TCR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have purchased tires from Tire Rack.

These guys are great to deal with.

I will be a repeat customer soon!
Old 04-28-2006, 04:37 PM
shattergard
Racer

Question 1985- 911 Carrera Wheels

Sir,

I went to the tirerack site and noticed there was a very limited selection ofwheels for a 1985 911 Carrera. (maybe three different sets) I am possibly searching in the wrong place on the site. I can`t imagine you have such a small selection. I am guessing the 1985 is the same size as some of the other later 1980`s models.

Thanks in advance for your help

Jordan

Quick Reply: Greetings from The TireRack