Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from The TireRack

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:49 AM
nekbet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For Porsche wheels - might try Wheel Enhancement - http://www.wheelenhancement.com/

They specialize in p-car rims..

That said, while on the tire rack thread..always had good luck with them.

Cheers,

Mike
1990 964 C4 Targa
Old 05-02-2006, 10:04 PM
TurboMojo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Damon and I have been asked by Rennlist to help moderate the forumn. As you can see The TireRack just picked up a sponsorship here and we are honored that you'll have us.. Many of you may know me from the "other Porsche board" and I hang out there as well. If I can be of any assistance to anyone here, please let me know. I'd be glad to help. If you place an order from our websight, please make sure to place my name in the contact box at the end of the order so I can help if there are any problems.

See you around!

Hi Damon, if you had to spend your money on tires what would you buy? What is the best tire out there right now if you are not to worried about wet traction and more concerned with dry handling and preformance?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Coyote99
Rennlist Member

My Tire rack experience was positive as well. The rim/tire package was a great deal and they shipped quickly. I have to agree with Jordan above though, I wish TR had a few (lot) more options for the ealry 911 line.

Also, Damon, we appreciate your sponsorship and always go out of our way to do business with sponsors if the deal is a fair and competetive one.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:02 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

I agree with Jordan, have used the Rack for years on my other cars, but there's next to nothing for my 84 standard-body Cab. I DO NOT want to run anything bigger that 17's (So much for the SSRs out there). I do have adapters to allow the '90's wheel offsets already, but the buffet is a little lacking.

Here's my one request:

17x7 & 17x9 Mille Miglia MM11 / -2's for the 911. One of my all-time favorite wheels, though they're a little soft. Keep 'em relatively inexpensive (<$300 each). I had them for my previous track cars - nice light wheel, great looking too, and cleared bigger brakes like the Wilwoods I had.

As for tire prices, I know some local tire outlets that'll match price, but most are far more expensive that the Rack. If you're on a budget, they're pretty decent to deal with. I just wish the Rack sold Toyo tires.

BTW, Welcome Damon!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Richard C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to Fikse or Kinesis. They will make the size you want. More money than the ready made, but much stronger and lighter.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:05 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Damon,

Tire Rack repeat customer here.

A few years ago, my initial R-compund tires were BF Goodrich (R-1's?), since discontinued. Also, my favorite street tires for many years have been Bridgestones. This year I'm running Hoosiers at the track.

Question: Do you know if either BF Goodrich or Bridgestone plan to market 18" R-compound DOT tires that I can run in PCA F stock?

Thanks & welcome.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:17 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself.
Damon, glad to see you around as a sponsor. I've purchased rims and tires from you before and was very happy with the service as well as price.

QUESTION: Offtopic but before I saw this post I was researching tires on your site for my wife's minivan ('03 Honda Odyssey EX-L-DVD currently on Michelin Symmetry's). I'm a Michilen fan and have narrowed it down to 2 versions:

Energy MXV4PLUS or Hydroedge

Can you give me the low down on which is the better tire from personal experience. The Energy's perform well on my DD ('03 Accord EX-V6) but the Hydroedge's seem to rate better in every category according to your site and are about $80 cheaper. Saftey is a huge factor as this is for the wife and 2 kids main transportation that sees lots of rain and zero snow.

Oh yeah, are either NOT stocked in Shreveport, LA?

PM me, Email me or post here please. I'll be purchasing these tires from your site within the next 2 months.

Last edited by ELLSSUU; 05-07-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:51 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

I've purchased wheels and tires from Tirerack with absolutely no complaints. The last 3 sets of tires I've purchased were Fuzions by Bridgestone 2@ZRi, 1@HRi. In all three cases my local Firestone dealer was able to substantially (i.e. 20%-25%) beat the TR price after totaling everything up. The Firestone road hazard was a better plan and they had spare tires on hand in case their was a tire balancing problem. Tirerack carries a much larger brand selection of tires than most local dealers though.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Stan944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damon,
1. the number (888)541-1771 doesn't work from Canada. What's a local number?
2. Can you ship via USPS or Fedex, instead of UPS? UPS charges rather high brokerage fees over the border, and we avoid it in Canada. How much $ for shipping to Canada using USPS, Fedex?
Thanks.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Richard C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anyone else notice that Damon doesn't respond to questions directed to him?
Old 05-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Richard C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've bought tons of tires from Tirerack - ten in the last month. I'll continue to buy from them as customer service has been good. I also got lucky and bought some S-03s from Costco just before they lost their deal with Bridgestone. Oh, well.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:22 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Richard C2S
Me thinkith that Damon is not a regular visiter to Rennlist I suspect it was just an opportunity to introduce himself and disappear. I asked a question shortly after he introduced himself, and no response to any of our inquiries
Old 05-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by morganabowen
Me thinkith that Damon is not a regular visiter to Rennlist I suspect it was just an opportunity to introduce himself and disappear. I asked a question shortly after he introduced himself, and no response to any of our inquiries
Good thing there are other outlets for your questions then, isnt it?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:10 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard C2S

I noticed and just took $700 to a local dealer for the exact tires in my earlier post. Spent a little more but the guy lives locally and took his time to explain the various differences between Michilen Symmetry's, MXV4 Energy's, Hydroedge's and some of his other brands. Pulled in some out of stock tires within an hour. Served me a coke and chips while I waited. Gave me lifetime balancing & rotating and had his rookie wash my wife's rims while they were off. It's all about the customer feeling good when he walks out the door and I can say I'm happy even though I could have done this transaction cheaper via TireRack. BTW, I chose the Hydroedge's.

I know he's on several boards so maybe he just doesn't have time to follow up but I tried.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:29 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

Luis, forget your car man. If that's you house in the background, nice pad dude.

Quick Reply: Greetings from The TireRack