Sponsored by:

Differences among Pirelli P-Zero tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 PM
993James993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Differences among Pirelli P-Zero tires

Can anyone explain the differences among the various P-Zero tires? I'm looking at the System Assimetricos, the Rosso Assimetricos and the Neros. It seems like they are similar with the Rosso Assimetricos having a better wear rating. But does this mean less grip? This is for a '95 993 with 18" turbo look wheels.

Thanks!

jim
Old 12-02-2005, 02:55 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

System Assimetrico comes in 295 for rears. They are the fastest wearing tire.

Rosso is probly the best of P zero but doesn't come in 295. Your Turbo look rims take either 265 or 285 so this is the P zero you want.

Neros have a weird tread. I think they are actually for SUVs. Not sure though.

Tirerack has all the sizing. If you are getting new tires, get Michelin PS2 or Bridgestone S03 if you are replacing all 4. If you are replacing just rears, go with the same as what you have on the front.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Ralph Spinnato
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have run Pirelli Rosso's and Bridgestone SO3's - I found the Bridgestones to be far better on the track. Pirelli's last longer - Your Call
Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really? Rosso last longer than S03? I am getting about 15k mi on my rear Rosso. I think that's the expected. I thought S03 are pretty long lasting, relative to Rosso.

RE750 is a decent tire but it's more for luxury sport sedans instead of sports car. If you don't push it too much and never get on track, I'd think they are fine. Since you are replacing tires, might as well get the best ones that are N spec. No need to save money on tires, they are the only thing keeping you moving and stopping. With rain season coming up, consider changing tires soon. Hydroplan is no fun and not worth ending up in a wall.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Neros have a weird tread. I think they are actually for SUVs. Not sure though.
The Scorpion P-Zeros are the SUV model I have on my Saleen XP8. For whatever reason they seem to pick -up nails and screws more so than any tires I have had. My old Explorer had no issues and niether does my wife's Explorer with Michellins on it. My last set of Pirelli's lasted around 35k for the way I drive my truck, ~6k a year wtih rotation, balance & alignments every six months. In fact, right after I had my new set mounted I picked up a screw right where the shoulder curves down to the sidewall and had to replace it. With the previous set I think all four were patched and plugged at least once.

I have Bridgestone Potenza 950's on my 964 and am happy with them. I looked at SO3's and decided to go with the slightly higher wear rating.

Quick Reply: Differences among Pirelli P-Zero tires