Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF Speedline Rims

Old 04-26-2005, 02:19 PM
ExMainer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUF Speedline Rims

I asked about these in the S2 forum, when I probably should have posted it here.

Looking for some information on them.
Cost, dimensions, fit on 44s w/o modification?
Pictures of them on a 944 would be great if theyre out there.
Thanks!
Old 05-07-2005, 03:08 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm running RUF speedlines on my 951...here's been my experience w/ them:

- they are forged and strong...but weigh a ton. I noticed slower excelleration once I switched over to them.
- they come in various sizes:
(f) 8"x17"xET56.7 and (r) 9"x17"xET44 ("sweanders" was running these on an S2...he can give you specifics on fit)
(f) 8"x17"xET56.7 and (r) 10"x17"xET56.7 <---I'm running these
(f) 8.5"x17"xET? and (r) 9.5x18"xET?
I think theres a wide bodied 18" setup too (larger rears) but I'm not sure.
- under heavy braking into turns I did have some rubbing of the spokes to the raised "Porsche" script on the front calipers. Shaving off an eyeballed .050" w/ a beltsander cured that...before doing any track events I'll probably upgrade to spacers just to be sure of no rubbing.
- I have no issues w/ rubbing the rear quarters running 275s...but...I do need to bring down my rear ride hieght (still haven't reindexed T bars since installing coilovers) and I have had a good part of my fender lip air sawed off. Do a search for "roll fenders" on the 944 mainboard...theres a ton of info on this.
- price-wise can be all over the place. I paid $1050 for mine (rims only) of an Ebay auction and feel like I got pretty lucky. I think since the auction was labelled as "Ruf rims" it didn't get that many hits (no mention of "Porsche/911/wheels/etc..")..even the seller commented on he thought they would fetch a lot more. Hell there's a set on Ebay now for $3000 starting price!! Yikes.
- availability...well they have been discontinued for a while but they arn't what I would consider rare. Check Ebay, Rennlist/Pelican/PCA classified and you'll find a set sooner or later.
- finish..this is where I wish I would of went in a different direction. Ruf speedlines come either painted silver spokes w/ brushed lips or fully polished. When I bought mine they were polished and I wanted to restore them to the painted/brushed look....so instead of sending them off to a good wheel shop I had a local body shop rough up the finish and paint them. They don't look bad but in hind sight I'd rather have them look exactly as they did on the factory RUF 965 BTR...it also sucks the paint shop painted over the Ruf logo. I guess thats what I get for being cheap.

Other than that mine were straight forward bolt up. I love the wheels...I think they look great on the 944 series as well as the 964s. I'll post a pic of my car when I get home.

Hope that helps.

Sorry don't have too many pics on this PC.

Here's a pic of Ander's old S2 w/ Rufs

Last edited by cheetah chrome; 05-07-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:35 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cheetah,

Nice wheels--I've always loved Ruf wheels.

Everyone always says that they are heavy, but do you know the actual weights of just the wheels? Otherwise, what is it with the tire?
Old 05-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Can you get them in the 86 offset?
Old 05-28-2005, 07:14 AM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kool
Can you get them in the 86 offset?
Yeah, here are the early offset ones--they are a different style. $3000 is a bit steep but I guess they are new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

The ones on cheetah's car are only later offset, but there's always spacers.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:45 AM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have 18 on my previous c2, also on my Ruf CR2 as well but can't remember the offset as the car is away at the moment. what i like about them is both 17 and 18 have really deep offset at the back but they are very heavy! here is the picture of it on c2
Old 05-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had to throw mine in guys...
Running on 275/40/17 rears and 235/40/17 fronts. Next round will be going 285 at the rears which is the max the 10 inch rears can take comfortably.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Sameer
Race Car

In case you'll are wondering, the rims are painted in Porsche black(Code A1 I think) and the Ruf letters in guards red with lacquer on top.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:23 PM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Sameer,

Beautiful wheels! Did they come from Ruf painted or did you have it done? I'm looking for black wheels for my 951 and I have to admit that those black Rufs would be my first choice.

Do you know what the wheels weigh? That's the only thing about Rufs which makes me hesitate (and the price, of course) but I have never heard any actual weights so I don't know whether it's a valid point or not.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:54 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

I forgot all about this thread.

Since you guys are looking at all of the different styles of Ruf wheels also check out lister "Mello"s car. He has a 951 (S....I believe) w/ the wheels that came on the 993/996 Ruf tuned cars. I don't think anyone has the latest style Rufs on a 944...probably because they cost as much a 944 hehe!

My car is going to be sitting until the fall so I doubt I'll have time to weigh the wheels. Hopefully someone else can chime in w/ actual weights.

Great looking cars Nine64 and Sameer! In case any of you 944 series guys don't check out other boards: I suggest looking up Sameer's car...it's a beauty and a beast!

If the word "Ruf" is in a post title odds are I'm lurking
Old 05-31-2005, 04:13 AM
Sameer
Race Car

superloaf,
Thanks. No they did'nt come painted in that colour. They came in the stock factory colour, grey/silver. However I got them painted at the Porsche agent here in the Porsche black colour, the code is A1 I think and you can have them done to. The centre caps in guards red and lacqured over it. Yup dats all.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info superloaf.

Those wheels look heavy. I really like the way that they look on a 951. I was thinking about a Kenisis K57 or some turbo 3.6 3 pc. replicas but now I just don't know.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:24 PM
24FPS
Drifting

just saw those this morning on a 951... funny looked so good i had to look back as i passed. 18's i think.

car was a bit rough... but the wheels really set it off.

btw: aren't heavy wheels more durable? i.e. w/ potholes etc... so for street who gives 2 ****s? btw: just my 2 $ents. -PEACE
Old 06-03-2005, 07:27 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

No affiliation...

I'm 99.9% sure the 9"ers are ET44 so you better find out if they'll fit up front before bidding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RUF Speedline Rims