Sponsored by:

Wheel input and ideas: 997 K swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 12:08 PM
VGC
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Wheel input and ideas: 997 K swap

So...eventually we'll get the 05 Carrera S back on the road complete with a K24 turbo (450+ HP) engine swap....but til then I'm working on a wheel for the car, custom made, and just need some help/input/etc on offset/size and such. I'm used to "front" drive based cars, so this is a bit of a new territory for me. I did design and have made a custom set of TE37 style wheels for my TLX Type S and they are amazing! So going to take a stab at the Porsche next.

Stock are the Lobster Claw 19" wheels and I'll be replacing them with a 19" wheel in a TE37 Style, pictured below. Thinking black on the seal gray 911 to get that mean look. I did get some 7mm front and 10mm rear spacers with titanium lug bolts, but PREFER to just set the wheel so no spacers are needed to get the same effect. Here is the factory sizing:

FR: 19x8 57 offset.
RR: 19x 11. 67 offset

NEW WHEELS
FR: 19x8.5 53 offset
RR: 19x12 60 offset

Based on all of the sizing setups I did with a few online calculators, these should 'mimick' the addition of spacers on the factory wheels, but without them! . Thoughts? Right direction on this?

Thanks for the help on this!

Old 07-12-2024, 03:09 PM
VGC
Instructor

Originally Posted by tyres123
Experiencing issues with wheel input? Your tyres and wheel alignment might be the cause. Wheel input refers to how your steering wheel responds and communicates with the vehicle's tyres and suspension. If you notice delayed responses, vibrations, or pulling to one side, it could be due to misaligned wheels, unbalanced tyres, or worn-out suspension components. Regular maintenance, including alignment checks and tyre balancing, can improve wheel input and ensure smoother handling. Additionally, inspect your tyres for uneven wear or damage. Have you had problems with wheel input before? Share your experiences and tips for maintaining optimal wheel input here!
Ummmm....well....I just wanted "INPUT" into thoughts about the wheels and offsets/size/etc....no issues whatsoever aside from just wanting a lighter, better looking wheel! But thanks much!
Old 07-14-2024, 01:01 PM
jj1
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I don’t have a ton of input but I’d add that the Carrera front fenders and GT3 fenders are the same (pretty sure). So you could easily fit an 18 x 9 up front. Also, nothing against TE’s but another option that may be available off the shelf are Advan GTs. They might be lighter too. Still a high quality JDM wheel to match the engine 😁
Old 07-21-2024, 09:40 PM
VGC
Instructor

Originally Posted by jj1
I don’t have a ton of input but I’d add that the Carrera front fenders and GT3 fenders are the same (pretty sure). So you could easily fit an 18 x 9 up front. Also, nothing against TE’s but another option that may be available off the shelf are Advan GTs. They might be lighter too. Still a high quality JDM wheel to match the engine 😁
Thanks! I do like the Advan stuff as well...but something about the way the TE's look....just more 'meaty' . And I'm having them custom made, like I did for the TLX Type S, so can design anything I want really. I use Gran Tourismo 7 to get the ideas...and the TE's just look 'better'....at least IMHO. But thanks for the heads up on those too!

Quick Reply: Wheel input and ideas: 997 K swap