Sponsored by:

Mixing Michelin PSC2 and Goodyear Eagle F1 S3R tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 08:48 PM
Multimodal
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Mixing Michelin PSC2 and Goodyear Eagle F1 S3R tires

I am picking up a set of track wheels and need to get tires for them. I have a half dozen half used Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R tires that will fit the rear axle but Goodyear has no stock or pipeline for the same tires in sizes that fit the front axle. I’m thinking about mixing tires with 255/35/19 Michelin PSC2 up front and 305/30/19 Goodyear S3R in the rear. Could this work or are they too different? Is there anything I can mix with the S3R to avoid throwing out thousands of dollars of used tires?
Old 02-28-2023, 06:09 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 900 Likes on 484 Posts

Have you checked through your dealer for front Eagle 3Rs? Many N0 (Porsche fitment) tires that are in short supply are allocated to dealers only. I had the same problem (different car - 718S using Eagle F2 Asymmetrics). Rears available everywhere, fronts not. Called my dealer. Distributor (Tire Rack) had the fronts (despite being 'backordered' on their website). They would only release to dealer with a documented appointment for installation. It worked out fine for me as my dealer prices were very fair.

I can't comment on mixing and matching. I'm sure you know the usual provisos against. I'm not enough of an expert to say otherwise.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:09 AM
Multimodal
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 163 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m not aware of any Goodyear Eagle F1 S3R sizes that are P0. Is it an OE tire for the 911?

Quick Reply: Mixing Michelin PSC2 and Goodyear Eagle F1 S3R tires