Sponsored by:

Cleaning Fikse Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Todd LaRoche
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Fikse Wheels

I'm tracking my car with Fikse FM-5 wheels. The brake dust is getting to them. ANybody have any secrets to getting the aluminum wheels clean without scratching them?
Old 04-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

What finish do yours have? If the brake dust is getting to them, I'm assuming they aren't full anodized.

My FM-10's are bare metal, centers and lips, which is the worst style to keep clean. I use Simple Green(as Fikse recommended) to clean and semi-regularly polish the lips with Mother's Wheel Polish. Keeps them decent, but they'll never pass for new. I've been able to remove HEAVY brake dust deposits using the polish and a towel!

FM-5's should be a little easier to clean, regardless of finish. One quarter the spokes to clean and the openings are big enough to get a hand in.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:28 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always had good luck with P21S. Pelican, Performance Products, and Mid America sells it. Not affiliated with any business, just know it works.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:35 PM
brianh
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's a little off the subject but figured you guys would know the best place to buy FM10's. Is there a discount kind of price on these anywhere?

brianh

Quick Reply: Cleaning Fikse Wheels