Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please don't follow my mistake! Make sure wheels purchased used are straight!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 07:28 PM
Bisan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please don't follow my mistake! Make sure wheels purchased used are straight!!!!

Purchased a set of wheels for my 911, the guy was great to deal with, he took forever to send them to me which didn't bother me, but he was in decent communication. They sat for a while about a year or so, I just decided to get them mounted. First I decided to get them powder coated gold, just got off the phone with the tire shop. One of the rear is bent and bent badly the video they sent me, made me feel like a complete sack.

I was so understanding with the guy in taking weeks to ship it out just to get my patience taken for granted. So guess what I am never doing ever gain? Waiting months to check if wheels are straight after buying them used. The wheel is so bad it might not even be repairable. This jerk off got a way Scott free...

I have no contact info, I don't even remember how I paid him, and honestly its no ones fault other than my own for trusting the guy and letting them sit for months upon months. Whoever this reenlister is, better hope I don't come across his thread or old pm or even his signature pic and it jogs my memory.

LESSON LEARNED!!!!
Old 02-17-2019, 02:00 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

If you know when you bought it, just check your PMs
Old 02-20-2019, 07:51 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

FYI, powder coating could have annealed the wheel out of round if it was baked at a temperature too high.

Last edited by brad@tirerack.com; 02-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:32 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 668 Posts

In addition to checking used wheels for round and true, they should also be tested for cracks--especially for old cast wheels.

Quick Reply: Please don't follow my mistake! Make sure wheels purchased used are straight!!!!