Sponsored by:

BBS E88 with NT01

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 07:34 PM
matt33
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Solved: BBS E88 with NT01

Because the NT01 is not directional, this is apparently ok to do.
—————-_
Is it ok to swap the left and right wheel? (move the left wheet+tire to the right side/etc)

I cant see any issue.. but wanted to ask the experts before doing so. I drive on a track that wears the right side much faster than the left)

Thanks
Matty

Last edited by matt33; 10-25-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:09 PM
haulinkraut
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt33

Because the NT01 is not directional, this is apparently ok to do.
—————-_
Is it ok to swap the left and right wheel? (move the left wheet+tire to the right side/etc)

I cant see any issue.. but wanted to ask the experts before doing so. I drive on a track that wears the right side much faster than the left)

Thanks
Matty
So your right tire wears more than the left? Are you racing circle track? Typically insides wear faster than outsides. I have swapped left for right to even tire wear before with issue. But, I had plenty of tire life left.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:22 AM
matt33
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by haulinkraut
So your right tire wears more than the left? Are you racing circle track? Typically insides wear faster than outsides. I have swapped left for right to even tire wear before with issue. But, I had plenty of tire life left.
Not a circle, but a track with lots of long fast left handers so the right side wears much faster.

Heard from others who rotate wheels in this way all the time no problem. I think flipping the tires on the rim is questionable for most tires though due not just to tread patterns, but potential sidewalk differences inside vs out.

Quick Reply: BBS E88 with NT01