Notices
Wheel and Tire Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli vs Michelin vs Bridgestone vs ......

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 07:26 PM
6S219
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirelli vs Michelin vs Bridgestone vs ......

In the next couple of month's, I will be putting new tires on my 997.2 TT. I currently have Pirelli P-Zero's and I am considering a different brand. The Pirelli's seem to resonate a lot of interior noise. I had the same issue on my Ford GT with Goodyear tires. I switched to Michelin and noticed a much "quieter" ride.
Do others feel the same about the Pirelli's? If you have Michelin, Bridgestone or others what are your thoughts?
Any comments, concerns regarding other brands of tires?
Old 11-14-2017, 05:25 PM
MiamiAutosport
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my experience, I have noted that Michelin is the best in terms of durability, grip and noise. When it comes to high performance cars, I usually go the Michelin route if I can find the size, if not Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 are also solid tires.

Last edited by MiamiAutosport; 11-14-2017 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
The following users liked this post:
MrMarco (11-30-2021)
Old 12-01-2017, 12:19 AM
991 Dreamer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My fronts are about due, but my rear tires have a little more life. Would it be a prob;em to replace the fronts now with Michelin’s and hold off on the rears for a while (leaving the Pirelli’s)? Would having Mich on the front and Pirelli’s on the back cause any problem?
Old 11-23-2021, 12:29 PM
shakil4all
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Bridgestone and my opinion is it's worth every penny.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:43 PM
sobiloff
Racer

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 Dreamer
My fronts are about due, but my rear tires have a little more life. Would it be a prob;em to replace the fronts now with Michelin’s and hold off on the rears for a while (leaving the Pirelli’s)? Would having Mich on the front and Pirelli’s on the back cause any problem?
Not ideal, but not the end of the world, either. Just be careful with them as you encounter new conditions, as the handling characteristics will be different from what you're used to.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:36 PM
MrMarco
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 Dreamer
Holy cow, get the tire you plan on running as a set. Tires are designed to work in concert with one another. I wouldn't even run a different model of the same make on my rig. I have done it briefly back in the 1990's but that was only because the rears where back ordered.

Quick Reply: Pirelli vs Michelin vs Bridgestone vs ......