Notices

Denver Area Windshield Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 11:23 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Denver Area Windshield Replacement

Kind of getting the run around from the dealers. Been driving my 4S all winter with a giant crack and can't stand it anymore. Anybody get a new windshield from a local distributor?
Old 08-10-2023, 01:19 PM
GoldenGorilla
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Hula
Kind of getting the run around from the dealers. Been driving my 4S all winter with a giant crack and can't stand it anymore. Anybody get a new windshield from a local distributor?
Did you end up resolving this? I just took a big rock to the windshield on my 997 and need to get it replaced now. I want to stay with the St Gobain.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenGorilla
Did you end up resolving this? I just took a big rock to the windshield on my 997 and need to get it replaced now. I want to stay with the St Gobain.
Memory is a little hazy but I just went to Safelite. I could have ordered the OEM windshield from Prestige Porsche but I would have to wait until it comes in and then get an appointment slot for their windshield guy. They outsource the install. Probably to Safelite anyway. They quoted me something like $800 or $900 for just the glass. Stevinson Porsche never bothered to call me back.

If I recall, Safelite had a two or three different options at different price points but no St Gobain. I ended up with Fuyao. I've had trouble with Safelite before but this install went smooth and I'm happy enough with the results. No leaks. No extra wind noise. The rain sensor and radio antenna function normally. 50,000 miles since. The glass is pitted with all the sand they use in mountains but no new cracks.

Quick Reply: Denver Area Windshield Replacement