Howard Shoemaker dies. - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Howard Shoemaker dies.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:00 AM   #1
FLT951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Howard Shoemaker dies.

Because of idiot politics I am precluded from posting in OT. So I will discuss this here instead of where it belongs.

Long time PCA member, Playboy cartoonist and 356 freak "Shoe" died on 1/28/17 less than 2 weeks ago. A few days before that I started using the avatar you see here. I am rather shocked at the coincidence of my change of avatars timing.
Many of you no doubt have collected his posters and cartoons over the years.
Howard actually did this avatar and other items as a favor to me over the years just because I asked.
This poster was a participation award for a Golden Gate Region Event in 1979 known as "The Ryde Hotel Tour" or "The Great Camel Hump". The event was covered by Panorama with additional support from Howard's very special artwork.
Howard did an additional poster the following year featuring a 928 being lifted out of the Sacramento River by a boat lift. (Tells you all you need to know about what he thought about the 928.)
Anyway, he was in incredibly funny guy, very loyal to the marque and very generous about sharing his talent.
Perhaps if there is a thread about Howard in OT one of you would be kind enough to drop this and the photo in that thread as lifted from somewhere else. No credit needed here but would like to add this to the other kind words being said about him.
Godspeed, "Shoe" and yes I should have removed her panty hose first. Thanks for noticing.
A Friend.

Last edited by FLT951; 02-08-2017 at 12:11 PM.
FLT951 is offline   Reply With Quote