Notices

Bray Windshield Skin - Windshield Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bray Windshield Skin - Windshield Protectant

We are installers of paint protection film here in San Diego. We have used windshield protection film in the past, but we didn't ever love any of it. We recently discovered a new product...Bray windshield skin! Here is their video explaining the product.

We are going to install the film on this Carrera GT today!

We will update with pictures as we work on this project...

Has anybody tried Bray? Any experiences with it? Would anybody try windshield protection skin?
Old 09-16-2016, 03:22 PM
MVEED3
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't tried it but am curious to. How did the install go? Is the clarity close to invisible? What is the cost breakdown for material and labor?
Old 09-16-2016, 05:52 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

how compare to clearplex?
Old 09-17-2016, 01:26 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I have clearplex now and while i don't love the look from the outside visually I don't have any issues looking through it when driving. It has already saved my windshield from a large rock and I can see tons of small pits all of which I'm sure would be on the glass if I didn't have it.

Out of curiosity how does it differ and what would be the cost?
Old 09-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Auto Armour Inc
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MVEED3
I haven't tried it but am curious to. How did the install go? Is the clarity close to invisible? What is the cost breakdown for material and labor?

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
how compare to clearplex?
Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I have clearplex now and while i don't love the look from the outside visually I don't have any issues looking through it when driving. It has already saved my windshield from a large rock and I can see tons of small pits all of which I'm sure would be on the glass if I didn't have it.

Out of curiosity how does it differ and what would be the cost?

The install went well, especially considering that the Carrera GT is one of the more difficult cars to do a windshield skin on because it is difficult to get the heat guns at the right angle for the bottom of the windshield. Apologies for not having any close up pictures of the finished install. As we do more of them we will make sure to post some finished and cured installs.

We like the Bray Windshield Skin because of the multiple, replaceable layers. As the installing company we also like the 18 month warranty that's really easy to work with for both Installing company and the customer. On top of all of this, Bray is coming out with some options shortly that will again revolutionize the market and we are very, very excited for this.

Pricing is standardized across the nation:
$695 Most Personal vehicles and some basic commercial vehicles
$895 Larger vehicles and a bit more difficult windows
$1195 Exotics and extra large windshields

This is, of course, materials and labor for the initial installation.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Bigwood
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

a little off topic but...
a rock hit my 2017 Toyota landcruser this weekend. Safelight said oem is the only option. $1400 for the glass, $110 to install and then you have to take it to the dealer for $300 to calibrate the sensors!

Quick Reply: Bray Windshield Skin - Windshield Protectant