Canepa Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 02:42 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Canepa Cars and Coffee

Some of the guys attended this gathering this past Saturday. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend. We're planning on a drive for the next one, July 14. Stay tuned.

Here's a snippet from an email sent to a fellow RLer.
Canepa Cars and Coffee
Looking for an excuse to hit the road? Starting June 9th, Canepa will open its doors (and parking lot) for a coffee-fueled celebration of all things automotive. Roll out your pride and joy and join your fellow lead foots for an amazing morning of classics, exotics, race cars, hot rods, and motorcycles. Canepa Cars and Coffee will take place from 8am-12pm on the second Saturday of the month through October. The perfect event for clubs, aficionados, and car crazies of all ages!
Canepa
4900 Scotts Valley Drive
Scotts Valley, California 95066
(831) 430-9940
Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
lbuckley
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing this! I'm moving (back) to the bay area after ten years on the east coast and I'd like to meet some fellow RL'ers and porsche guys (and gals, maybe...). I've had my Targa for over three years but never made time to get to events like this in the DC area. Would like to change that when I get to SF. I don't do the track thing, but anything involving decent coffee and I'm in.

I'm driving across in August, hope to make the September date if I don't make August 11th.

If you have any other bay area resources or suggestions, I'm all ears!

Lawrence
Old 07-08-2012, 09:19 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Suggest you join the Bay Area Rennlist Yahoo! Group. We haven't been as active as in years past, but a place to get connected.

You Navy (from the sig pic). I'm retired Army.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
lbuckley
Instructor

I'll check out the Yahoo group, thanks.

I'm former Navy, submarine officer - west coast, missile boat out of Bangor, Washington, '92 - '97. Now I'm a civilian fed. After ten years in DC, and a current heat wave, I'm really ready to get back to the west coast & the bay area. Congratulations on your retirement sir.

Hope to see you on the road or at a coffee event around town.

Lawrence "Buck" Buckley
Old 07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

The monthly Canepa Design is scheduled for this coming Saturday 7/14 (http://www.canepa.com/news/calendar.html). I intend to leave at 9 from the Vista Point at upper Hwy 92 and Hwy 35, and follow the below route, which is simply Hwy 35 to Hwy 9 to Mt Hermon Rd to Canepa. Anyone care to join me?

After the "event," let's do a short drive down Glen Canyon Rd to Hwy 1, and have lunch in the Santa Cruz area.

Let me know, please.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=C...um=10&t=m&z=11
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 AM
lbuckley
Instructor

Hi Joe - Are these still happening in September and October? Not sure if I can make it but I may try! I'm getting settled in Oakland after the drive across country earlier this month.

Lawrence
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

AFAIK, Sep 8 would be the next one. Check their website to confirm. Unless there's a negative posting, should be good to go. I'm trying to get a bud to join me. I'll leave per the above.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:22 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 361 Posts

Anyone going this Saturday?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately, not I. Had intended to, but gotta go be a grandfather to my grandsons while daughter and husband go off for a day.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:31 PM
lbuckley
Instructor

Hi Joe - i'm starting to get settled in Oakland and would like to try to get out next month. Not sure it will happen as the next 2 weekends are already booked with trips to Napa and the north coast, but I'll keep looking here for anything interesting I can put on the calendar.

Quick Reply: Canepa Cars and Coffee