Notices

Washington States I-908 "No front license plate Initiative"

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Meister
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washington States I-908 "No front license plate Initiative"

I know the Porsche community will help us get this law passed. This is the No front Plate Initiative. We are proposing that Washington State should not have a front plate and want this to be on the next ballot.

Here is what the bill could do:

• It costs us taxpayers approx 1.2 MILLION dollars annually to have front plates on our cars.

• Brackets get installed at the dealership where they have to drill into bodywork to attach the front plate bracket to the car, causing bumper and paint damage.

• Brackets for some older vehicles are no longer available, so the plates must be directly attached to body work causing damage.

• Low speed accidents such as during parallel parking result in much more damage when a front plate, bracket and mounting screws are in place then without.

• Potential savings for the state in the manufacturing of license plates, since only 1 plate per vehicle will need to be manufactured. These savings could be redirected to road maintenance costs.

• The States Budget Analyst has been pushing for this for a long time. He puts it on the docket every time the politicians meet up to vote on things. Of course the state police always shoot it down.

If you want to print out a form and help out with this cause you can download and print these out. You can print these on any laser or inkjet printer but it has to be on both sides and they must but on 11" x 17" Tabloid sized paper.

Download the Documents here:

Click here to download the .pdf file

Click here to download the Word Doc file
Old 04-07-2005, 12:25 PM
DKuehn
AutoX

That would be great.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:55 AM
adams993
Burning Brakes

You get my vote! Where do I sign! Regardless i dont wear a front plate on my cars....so it would be nice ot have it not be illegal!
ADAM
Old 04-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Meister
Track Day

Default Petition

Originally Posted by adams993
You get my vote! Where do I sign! Regardless i dont wear a front plate on my cars....so it would be nice ot have it not be illegal!
ADAM
You should be able to find the petition at some local Shucks or auto parts stores. If you want to help distribute them, there is a link on my first post that you can print out. Remember they must be on 11x17 paper and printed on both sides.

Quick Reply: Washington States I-908 "No front license plate Initiative"